Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looking for a new country to move to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im sick of the US tax system. Paying 50% in taxes isnt going to cut it for me.

I was thinking of moving to the Caymans but they sure are strict. Still looking into it.

Im wondering what the tax system is like in Canada and Mexico for now.

Can anyone recommend a country where they dont bend you over backwards and legally take all your money?

TIA

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hong Kong is your place! Almost negligible tax (15% at the most). The government (not democratically elected) is 100% pro-business. They don't even have minimum wage and maximum hours, not to say collective bargaining power; and unions are more recreation clubs. You'll like it.

Who want to guess how much they pay hourly at the McDonald's over there?

jimr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chad

I was thinking of moving to the Caymans but they sure are strict. Still looking into it.

Can anyone recommend a country where they dont bend you over backwards and legally take all your money?

TIA

Russia would be good then. They have just increased the tax so it is 13% now. People think it is to much and try to cheat the system all the time.

Otherwise you are welcome to Sweden. We have a World record in high taxes and the VAT is only 25%...

/jr

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would say wales (thats in the UK, 53 or how many there are now states of USA)

but just been to see my accountant, and i have a large tax bill... so stay away, thanks tony..

not that iam bitter (more stout), they can't see paypal i hope until next year!!!!!!

note: the UK treasury and wilco do not condone wilcos action on a wed afternon.. after a few crys in the beer, he has had a large bill.. even though he could not afford a v large brandy..

breaking news::::::
so guys bring on those cheap names....

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paying 50% in taxes is kind of steep. Will the tax cuts proposed by President Bush help your situation out?

Generally, I'm not in favor of tax cuts because I don't think that the last tax cut provided a stimulus to the US economy and I think that the US Government would have been better off just holding on to that money.

But it looks like the "powers that be" are going to push through permanent tax cuts in the US and this should help you out a little if you decide to stay in the USA.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say England - Midlands. Nottingham / Lincolnshire!

PM if you need any help!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

where they dont bend you over backwards and legally take all your money?

TIA

maybe namepopper can help???

oneguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahemmm,

Could we add SINGAPORE to the list.

Low Crime, Nice Tax Structure, Great Food, Great Shopping, Nice Locals ..... only major problem :

CHEWING GUM is banned here .... : (

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You're a U.S. Citizen. Legally, you have to report income/pay tax to the IRS no matter where you live.

There are ways to reduce your tax liability.

The only way to get out of the system is to surrender your citizenship.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Canadian taxes exceed those in the US.

The Bahamas or Bermuda might be worth investigating, in addition to The Caymans.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>You're a U.S. Citizen. Legally, you have to report income/pay tax to the IRS no matter where you live.

Yeah, I just found this out. I would have to denounce my US citizenship. If I have to pay more than half my money for my freedom then screw the US.

>>Will the tax cuts proposed by President Bush help your situation out?

It wouldnt be much. Will still be paying 6 figures in taxes.

I pay about 50% in taxes then another 7.75% in sales tax when I spend the money.

Theres no state tax in Oregon/Nevada so I might consider moving there if I can not take getting screwed outta my money personal like I am now.

It is extremely difficult to become a citizen of the Caymans. I doubt I can even get in.

Im looking into Bahamas and Belize now. They seem pretty cool so far.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

TIA

nearly 60% in taxes ? Umm if thats what you are paying..I'm not to upset by your finacial situation then.. that means you belong to the top 1% of the wealth according to the US tax brackets.. you're a millionair how many times over? ..

dont you have a club where you all go whine about your sad situation at ? ;)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John Walker Lindh should be busy for awhile. Why don't you see if you could get his old job?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chad: If you incorporate, can you reduce your taxes that way? (although at some point, you'll need to pull the money out of your company)

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid,

You must not live in the US. If you make a few hundred K you will fall into the 50% tax bracket give or take a few %. Especially in California with about 7.75% state tax.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>If you incorporate, can you reduce your taxes that way?

I am an S Corp now. But dont save much. You do save on self employment tax but you are only taxed on that up to like 87,000 of your earnings anyways....Corp or no corp. Then after that amount you are still taxed a few percent for medicare still. So yo do save a bit in self employment tax (social security/medicare) but dont make too much of a difference.

A corp is mainly good for protecting your assets from lawsuits and the such.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW: In a S Corp the profits pass thru to the shareholder(s) and are still taxed. Whether or not you take the money out of the corp or not...you still have to pay taxes on those profits.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

nearly 60% in taxes ? Umm if thats what you are paying..I'm not to upset by your finacial situation then.. that means you belong to the top 1% of the wealth according to the US tax brackets.. you're a millionair how many times over? ..

dont you have a club where you all go whine about your sad situation at ? ;)

You really seem to know your tax rates bidawinner. You must be an accountant.
I'm paying almost 40% and by far NO WHERE NEAR millionaire status. As a self-employed person in the US, you'll pay (just to the feds) 1/3 of your income (taxes + socialsecurity,etc) and then on top of that you can add on your given state taxes which tend to verge on the 40%-50% ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom