Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looking for a successful domainer as a personal mentor, willing to reciprocate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbob50

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quick background: I'm a serial entrepreneur, I've founded 4 companies, 3 of them venture capital backed. My first company was acquired in 2001, we provided local positioning systems (locators to track kids and families) for amusement parks, malls and ski resorts (think 'marauder's map' from Harry Potter). My send vc-backed company is still running and is raising it's 5th round of funding, and my newest venture is just getting off the ground. I've also acted as turnaround-CEO for two companies that were acquired within one year after I took charge.

The point of my post isn't to talk myself up, it's to build some credibility around my willingness to provide reciprocal services to anyone who is willing to be a mentor to me and can verify that they have had noteworthy success with domain names. I'll provide links to my LinkedIn/Facebook accounts, whatever it takes to back up my story. In return I would be happy to provide whatever services are within my areas of expertise and would be of value to my mentor.

I have approximately 500 domain names in my possession today, most of which were acquired to support the IP around a business I was starting, funding or thinking about starting. I don't actively list them for sale or try to promote them but I get an offer or two every month, and I end up selling a few a year. I'd like to turn this into a more serious endeavor and begin actively monetizing my existing domains and buying new domain names as an investment strategy.

Hopefully I get some interest in helping me out, I will do my best to provide equal value in whatever way I can. I'm an approachable person and love sharing ideas, so don't hesitate to reach out and ask clarifying questions or give suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

By the way, I'm willing to sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement to show that I take this seriously.

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom