Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looking for advice about dn APPRAISAL... and is offer legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaveDots

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I received an offer for one of my domain names. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction for an appraisal and I also want to make sure that the potential buyer is legitimate. This is my situation: The potential buyer contacted me through email (he found the dn listed at Whois). He stated that he was an investor, and he asked me how much I wanted for the dn. I replied back and told him that the dn was listed at Sedo and that he could make me an offer there. He emailed me back again with an offer ($7,000) and told me that before we could do business he wanted me to have the dn appraised. In the email he also gave me a suggestion for an appraiser (suggesting I use an appraiser that he and his accountant trusted). First off, I prefer to find my own appraiser. Secondly, I believe that the domain is worth much more than the $7,000 that he is offering. I realize that this is likely the typical lowball figure that can start negotiations. Also, is it best (safer) to have the deal take place at Sedo? I am looking for some solid advice from knowledgable domainers. Thanks.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a scam. Google or search the forum.

HaveDots

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will certainly do that!

bb123

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi HaveDots
I had the same email last week .. and yes it is a scam ...

HaveDots

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi BB123.
Although I've been collecting some domain names off and on for a few years now, I wasn't too serious about turning it into a business until recently, so I have tons to learn. I joined this forum yesterday to get some advice because I thought the offer seemed shady and too easy. Thanks for your help... it is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom