Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looking for advice! Confusion over selling domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently applied for a Great Domains auction for www.FXPlays.com and the name did not qualify due to quality reasons.
I reviewed the SEDO guidelines for quality and then looked at the upcoming list of names on Great Domains and there were only TWO .coms:

Danza.com and Lesbicas.com (which I think means lesbian in spanish!)

Here is my question; am I better off thinking up 5 letter catchy names like Danza or registering some (IMHO) lower quality names that are .net like seems to be comprising most of the upcoming Great Domains auction?
Obviously I am biased but can't see how EMPRENDER.NET is a name that made the quality guidelines either.

If there's anybody with some insight or future sugestions for me, I'd appreciate them!

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Sedo where quality doesn't matter. They recently rejected a product term .net with 8,000 exact searches so I checked their list of other approved domains and found made up and brandable domains. I e-mailed them about it and they replied with a list of FAQ questions.

ring

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Sedo where quality doesn't matter. They recently rejected a product term .net with 8,000 exact searches so I checked their list of other approved domains and found made up and brandable domains. I e-mailed them about it and they replied with a list of FAQ questions.

Is there another aftermarket for domains that you could recommend? Have you used Godaddy auctions? I'm sensing that on there, it's almost worth paying the $40 to promote as there are so many listings.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's an FX Plays? Made up word? If I see that name in an auction, I wouldn't bid. I just did a search on Google and it doesn't return anything about it.

ring

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's an FX Plays? Made up word? If I see that name in an auction, I wouldn't bid. I just did a search on Google and it doesn't return anything about it.

If it needs explaining then it's obviously not a $50,000 domain and I understand that. I'm interested to find out what a better marketplace might be given that I'm not holding anything that would be considered permium (ie: other than Great Domains, SEDO, etc..)

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can try SnapNames.com, GoDaddy.com (You need to have a membership - $5 / year I believe), Pool.com, Bido.com, Boxcar.com (Got to pay to list and no commission), & Flippa.com (Paid listing)

ring

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can try SnapNames.com, GoDaddy.com (You need to have a membership - $5 / year I believe), Pool.com, Bido.com, Boxcar.com (Got to pay to list and no commission), & Flippa.com (Paid listing)

Great thanks.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FXplays.com is very niche and it is not going to ever get accepted to great domains, simply because it is in fact not a Great domain.

I am assuming FX = Forex and Plays is for trades. Your best best is trying to find an end user to buy it and I wouldn't be surprised if the max they will pay is less than $100 considering it has no age (has already been dropped), zero traffic and I am assuming zero revenue.

Either cross your figures and hope someone makes you an offer over what you paid for it or develop it and create your own revenue stream, because it's not going to happen on its own with this domain.

Good luck.

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW "Danza" is not just a catchy 5 letters name, it means "dance" in spanish.... so I guess it is worth a Great Domains auction. Also "emprender" is a good one, meaning "entrepeneurship".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom