Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Looking for advice on how to launch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PhillyForums.com

I figured I could go about it two different ways.

PhillyForums.com is going to be a very indepth vBulletin forum with many topics. People are going to be able to make posts to buy and sell homes, cars, or anything else they would like. There is going to be a full jobs, singles and sporting section all broken down into many different topics of revelance. There are going to many other topics as well. Pretty much anything you can think of from law to health care with many sub-catergories. I also want to have a shop with products such as t-shirts, key chains, mugs and bumper stickers that can be purchased with PF$. People will also be able to purchase avatars and name changes much like DNF.

1. With all of that said. Should I try and slowly develop the forum live over the next several weeks and allow some members to trickle in as the forum forms or should I wait until it's exactly how I want it to be before I put it up.

2. Also, I was thinking if I didn't put it up for a month or two I could get together with the community and pull moderators for each topic in exchange for a small fee but they would also be able to place html ads within the forum. I would also place them responsible for updating their forums news, etc. I would also allow these moderators access to the forum before it's available to the public and maybe they could possibly introduce a couple people to the forum before it goes public.

If I were to go about it this way rather than putting it up and allowing it to grow very slowly until it's officially finished I would be placing ads in the local news papers to attract mass localized people to the forum. Even if I went about it the first way I would still place the ads in the news papers to draw lots of localized traffic.

Basically what I am asking is should I put in all of the work and then put it up or should I put it up and then put in all of the work.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should first do all the work, customizing the board, etc. and then launch it.

So all the features are in it from the start. This will also be more attractive for visitors to sign up.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. This is what I was leaning toward doing I just wanted to get some additional feedback to see what everybody else would do.

Thanks again!

Stinos said:
I think you should first do all the work, customizing the board, etc. and then launch it.

So all the features are in it from the start. This will also be more attractive for visitors to sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom