Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Website looking for pronouncable made-up word .com's (like zynga, bodog, bodis, zillow etc)

• Thread starter Deleted member 111831
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

Looking for a domain for a web 2.0 startup.

Requirements:

-.com (absolute must, plz do not send any other extensions no matter how great the domains)
-spelling must be completely obvious when you say it out loud. so even zynga would not meet this requirement
-short, 5-6 letters max
-price must be included, will not make offers
-must be a fair market reseller price.

No budget but I'm very serious about the last requirement. Most domains in this category are going to be xx or low xxx if they are really good. Some will be worth a lot more, such as a great CVCV, so feel free to send me those too. But anybody quoting me silly prices on any of the domains they send me is going to lose the opportunity for me to consider doing business with you for wasting my time and insulting my intelligence. So quote me reseller prices or don't bother.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Thread is up for less than a minute and I get a PM. With no price.

If you can't read or follow instructions please don't waste my time or yours.

D

Deleted member 111831

There is no madeup word .com that has a reseller price that is out of my budget. Which is why my post says no budget.

As to the price in the title, if a mod wants they can put 'no budget' in my title.

Last edited by a moderator:

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the following short, pronouncable, brandable dot-coms available:

Pelro.com
$325

Amdol.com
$340

Tafek.com
$320

Mumal.com
$320

Plizo.com
$195

Kazoz.com
$295

Lebros.com
$295

Dolri.com
$325

Peniti.com
$520

Bosier.com
$545

Yirth.com
$245

Zidon.com
$295

Oksia.com
$595

Tadap.com
$640

Riento.com
$795

Barins.com
$795

TangHu.com
$795

Milata.com
$830

Jumic.com
$125

Mazre.com
$175

Tepiz.com
$160

Sudzu.com
$195

Arlif.com
$330

Gaupo.com
$330

leiht.com (German dictionary word: means lends, borrows, and hires!)
480 Euros

Urato.com
$500

Abruzi.com
$100

falzer.com
$100

furbox.com
$125

GutFlu.com
$100

hartov.com
$125

havlak.com
$125

Kakuza.com
$125

Lshops.com
$100

Mizuto.com
$100

rugazi.com
$125

Twangs.com
$110

Ikiti.com
$320.
(sounds Japanese but I don't know if it means anything)

Thanks for your attention.

--- Jordan

D

Deleted member 111831

sitemaker,

So glad somebody decided to do this in public.

From my post:

anybody quoting me silly prices on any of the domains they send me is going to lose the opportunity for me to consider doing business with you for wasting my time and insulting my intelligence. So quote me reseller prices or don't bother.

That is you. And you know it is you. Your prices are ridiculous if 'reseller prices' is the guide we are using. Most of those are reg fee and a couple may be xx, in reseller prices. The vast majority also do not meet this criteria

-spelling must be completely obvious when you say it out loud. so even zynga would not meet this requirement

I don't understand why people like spamming their names with their fantasy prices to people who clearly state they are looking for something different and they aren't paying anybodies fantasy prices. You are wasting your time and theirs. It is rude and unprofessional.

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi PokerPie. Sorry if you don't like my prices, but no need to be in a huff. They sell well enough.

As for your aspirations to acquire such names for "reseller prices", I'd like to know why you think you are entitled to special pricing from me. You are not buying in volume, and you're not even pleasant.

Under those circumstances, why should I sell one domain to you for next to nothing when a couple sell each month on Sedo?

As for your claims that they are not worth reg fee, if any lurkers have names like these that they would like to sell me for reg fee, bring 'em on! They make nice brand names for my projects.

Best wishes for success, and I hope you find the domain you're looking for.

sitemaker,

From my post:

That is you. And you know it is you. Your prices are ridiculous if 'reseller prices' is the guide we are using. Most of those are reg fee and a couple may be xx, in reseller prices. The vast majority also do not meet this criteria

I don't understand why people like spamming their names with their fantasy prices to people who clearly state they are looking for something different and they aren't paying anybodies fantasy prices. You are wasting your time and theirs. It is rude and unprofessional.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

From my post:

I would be grateful people are sending you any names at all with your attitude, if you dont like the names/prices, just ignore the PMs

$100 a name is end-user pricing to you is it lol????

Thanks for the rude PM as well, you wont be getting anything from me in future, learn some manners first

D

Deleted member 111831

I'd like to know why you think you are entitled to special pricing from me

I never said I was interested in buying from you, I said I was interested in buying domains from people who could follow my instructions. And I asked everybody else not to waste my time. You ignored this request. But you were at least smart enough to spam my thread instead of my inbox, in hopes of finding a buyer other than me, so I give you credit for that.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I would be grateful people are sending you any names at all with your attitude, if you dont like the names/prices, just ignore the PMs

$100 a name is end-user pricing to you is it lol????

Thanks for the rude PM as well, you wont be getting anything from me in future, learn some manners first

Since I interpret PM's with names and/or prices that don't meet my requirements as identical to unsolicited email spam, I don't feel grateful about getting it at all and I'd be quite pleased to hear one of the spammers tell me they will never spam me again.

So thanks!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i did not appreciate the PM you sent me, you do not have to be rude. a no thank you is fine for me

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
names and/or prices that don't meet my requirements

they were names in the price range you mentioned, shall we bring it out into the open, happy to put the PM's on here too if you like lol

Just be nice to people....forget it, you arent worth it...I wont be posting here anymore

D

Deleted member 111831

i did not appreciate the PM you sent me, you do not have to be rude. a no thank you is fine for me

I did not appreciate you or so many others blatantly spamming my inbox with offers and domains that are nothing close to what I requested.

I don't know how much clearer I can be. Read the instructions. If your domain and/or price does not meet them - don't send it to me. If you ignore this, don't be surprised when you are met with an unpleasant response.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

they were names in the price range you mentioned, shall we bring it out into the open, happy to put the PM's on here too if you like lol

Just be nice to people....forget it, you arent worth it...I wont be posting here anymore

I'll make the same offer to you I made to somebody else, and I'll make it to anybody else I have sent a 'rude' reply to.

We will take your names to 10 respected members of this community and ask them for their opinion of the reseller prices. If the average is even half of the total price you requested, I will pay you the total you requested for all domains. If it isn't, I keep them all.

Anybody who does not take me up on this offer is a spammer who knew they were a spammer and imo should be banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianSky

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well add me to the growing list of recipient's of PokerPie's nasty, unprofessional, and unwarranted personal attacks via snarky behind-the-scenes PM.

News flash PokerPiehole, your own examples didn't meet your requirements.

Bodis? Let's see -- bodus, boedis, bowdus, bodiss, bohdis, wheeee fantasy scrabble for domainers!
Zillow? Zillo, zilow, zilloe, ziloh, zihlowe -- anyone got a kleenex?
Bodog? - bowdog, bodawg, bodogg, boedogg --- kitty wanna cracker bad.

Sweet lil cupcake, you are just too, too full of yourself. But thanks for the good laugh. Imagine, you rebuking others on their lack of professionalism, failure to meet criteria, and rudeness. Hilarious!

D

Deleted member 111831

your own examples didn't meet your requirements.

Bodis? Let's see -- bodus, boedis, bowdus, bodiss, bohdis, wheeee fantasy scrabble for domainers!
Zillow? Zillo, zilow, zilloe, ziloh, zihlowe -- anyone got a kleenex?
Bodog? - bowdog, bodawg, bodogg, boedogg --- kitty wanna cracker bad.

Plenty of domains people have sent me meet the requirement. Some are priced ridiculously and some are priced fair. The people who priced them fair will not be posting in this thread about me being rude because they didn't get a rude reply.

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you ignore this, don't be surprised when you are met with an unpleasant response.

You see, now THERE'S where you make your big mistake. It sounds as if you are deliberately being unpleasant to people as a form of punishment.

People buy and sell from people, not PM's. And most of us value our comfort. So in the long run, playing "righteous avenger" will not lead to business success, nor will it make the world (or this online community) a better place.

An adequately "unpleasant response" is a "form-letter PM" saying "Not interested in these. Thank you for thinking of me." No bridges burned. Remember: Anger is ego.

Perhaps I'm being too religious. Life is short. "It's ways are ways of pleasantness, and all its paths are peace." Yes, definitely too religious.

...The people who priced them fair will not be posting in this thread about me being rude because they didn't get a rude reply.

Without intending to hurt their fellows, folks sometimes respond rudely as a knee-jerk reaction when disappointed, frustrated, or angry, regretting it later. Email and PM's are especially prone to this. In face-to-face conversation, people would never say half the things they blurt on the Internet. People forget about the humanity of the other. Somehow, old-fashioned letter-writing did not share this problem, perhaps because it took so long that ego-driven reactions had time to dissipate or at least be recognized and managed.

Last edited:

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM from PokerPie: Same applies to you. Get lost.

Oh my what an attitude. It's no wonder you have no friends.
Come on down from the ladder you climbed or you'll get a nose bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom