Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looks Like Verisign's Oct. 27 WLS Launch Date is Out the Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently bowing to pressure from ICANN, Verisign has removed all references to a rollout date for WLS from their website:

http://www.verisign.com/nds/naming/namestore/wls/

They had originally announced they would roll WLS out Oct. 27. They overlooked one minor detail - they don't have ICANN approval to do it!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course Verisign blindsided eveyone with their SiteFinder service. Maybe they only took the date down because they play to launch WLS SOONER, with or without approval! They seem to think they are above the law. And this is the company people want to return to monopoly status? :huh:

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The NRR site still says 27th Oct.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol,

Everyone seems to complain about ICANN as well and they have jsut been granted 3 more years by the US gov to maintain their position.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which is no surprise for those who can look behind the curtains and see in how many ways ICANN is connected to the government.Hint: Take a closer look at some of the current and former board members, what they have done before they became ICANN board members etc.

Hint 2:

The government has every interest to contol as much as they can, including the internet.ICANN is not a bad tool for that.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So does any one have hard fact news. Is WLS for sure coming. When it does are drops over? I'm I the only one that is unclear if this is coming?

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
drop(s) dead.

M

mole

Originally posted by keshe
So does any one have hard fact news. Is WLS for sure coming. When it does are drops over? I'm I the only one that is unclear if this is coming?

You take your chances, kes. Same with every landrush - you come in early, take a risk, and sit it out hoping that things will move in the right direction for you. You may get ziltch at the end of the day, but there is a chance you might. Nothing's certain in this game.

Personally, I believe WLS WILL launch Oct 27th as scheduled, particularly after Verisign was smacked on the face for trying to earn some money with SiteFinder. Hell hath no fury like a registry scorned. Their shareholders will not settle for any less...

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if WLS does launch now would be a great time to buy shares / invest in VeriSign to make more money then you could ever imagine .... ;)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manu
if WLS does launch now would be a great time to buy shares / invest in VeriSign to make more money then you could ever imagine .... ;)

Doubt it.

In 2000 thier stock was worth over $100

now its $10-$20 generally.

They suck @ managing money imo and I dont think WLS will be a gib impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom