Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Losing Auction to a NON-Payer at Snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am very frustrated. I was bidding on a dot com last month and lost the bid
at around the 7k mark. After the auction is over, I see that only one bidder was bidding against me and they still have not paid!! Support says after a couple of weeks they either redo the bid to the same people,...which means I will get it for reserve...or they offer it again to the public, which makes me
suspicious. Maybe their expectations on the domain were not met? How do I know that this bidding was on the up and up. Has anyone had a problem with the Snap auction before? cb I want my domain :-( and I want it for the reserve since the only other person bidding was a non-payer....

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snap let's people pay off names if for some reason, they can't come up with the funds immediately.

So that may be the case for this one. I've seen names 'pending payment' for months in my account.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker used the snapnames format for the Internext in early mid-January. I'm still waiting for the buyer to finish the deal from the Live auction. And I'm still waiting for the Silent to finish as well though I'm told in *might* finish this week, 6 weeks past the auction.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had this same problem and even posted a thread on it. One of the big bidders hiked up the price on an auction and won. They never paid for the domain and now after many months the auction was started again! Also I can't even bid because my Snapnames account was suspended for not paying for a couple of domains! One of the domains I actually removed from my backorders but ending up winning the domain, one of them I lost in auction and Snapnames tried to charge me for.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there seems to be something "wrong" when adding domains.
I've "won" names I do not remember adding.
I just tell them, I didn't order it and they remove it.

I think, if you add names through other sites(domaintools.com, domainersedge) sometimes you think you are adding names at the minimum $59 or $79, but for some reason there is a $3,500 minimum. And you "win" . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is just a theory ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cashboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok...so what can we do as a group? There should be some changes in the Snap legal
docs. The main question that I have is this? Is there shill bidding happening?
These domains are money in the bank for Snap. If they do not sell at an expected price, they can just sit on them until they feel like it. I would love to hear from one of the
bidders that "owes" money. Snap service said two weeks. Well? Come on Snap...lets get clear on your Policy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom