Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lots of looks.....no offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of .com domains for sale on sedo. They both show over 800 visitors the last month but I have only received 1 small offer thus far. I am wondering if I should post an asking or minimum price? Do people shy away from "make offer" for decent domain names? Perhaps 800 visitors is not as many as I think? I was also wondering if it is a better strategy to try to find your own buyers by emailing parties that may be interested? Thanks for any responses.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sags said:
Do people shy away from "make offer" for decent domain names?

Many do, in the almost certain knowledge that whatever they offer will not be enough and they don't want the bother and hassle of lengthy bargaining or for that matter of being ignored.
In almost every other field of business you are asked to pay a set figure and you hope that there may be scope for "negotiation" - but simply seeing "make offer" against almost every name in a list turns many people away.
In many cases a response to a "min offer" goes without a reply, no wonder so many names go unsold.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, it's understandably difficult to place a fixed price on your domains, because you never know what that one particular domain might be worth to that one person who really needs/wants it. But I agree with MrW- to get more responses, try putting set prices on them and see what happens!

Good luck!

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
800 visitors to your actual Sedo listing is a lot. You probably meant to the domain itself though. I rarely get offers even close to the ballpark for domains I have at Sedo. A lot of people just pop in the minimum $60.

dotman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just dont get any offfers at all :(

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The odds of you selling the domain through Sedo without an asking price is unlikely. If you put a low fixed price on your domain then your chances of selling it will greatly increase. I am not saying you won't sell domains if you mark make an offer but the odds will be against you.

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want to sell it quick then set your minimum asking but if you're a speculator then just wait patiently until the renewal day ;)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have same thing at afternic lots of views of people inquiring on domain for sale, minimum offer is set at 100 dollars yet no offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom