Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Low Overture Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone consistently making a profit from parking "low overture" domains?

I find available "low overture" domains every day in the droplists, (by low I'm talking 25-50 OVT), but always pass them up. I don't bother registering names with OVT less than about 60-70 myself. For example, a couple of days ago I found these available:

cytkc.com - 26 OVT
ckforums.com - 30 OVT
thefurniturebank.org - 32 OVT
mrformalmenstuxedo.com - 26 OVT
asiascale.com - 27 OVT
dnacustomhomes.com - 27 OVT
texanscan.com - 39 OVT

The following day they were all taken, which means that people are registering them, and I see DNForum members snapping up these 30-40 OVT names on a daily basis.

So is this just a case of newbies getting over-excited by anything that has an overture scrore, or can you actually make money from registering and parking these low overture names?

I'm not looking for "one off" examples, because anyone can find a example of one domain with no OVT that still turns a profit, but does anybody have a portfolio with dozens of these under 50 OVT names that consistently make money?

Domain Days 2024

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that's what im trying to find out too. i guess the only way you can find out is trial and error, unless someone has already tried this. it would seem logical that names with 25-50 OVT make some money consistently, if some names with no OVT do that as well. ppl always tell me that OVT is not an absolute measure of potential success of a particular name, but it's the best we have at the moment

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I reg any US ovt w/ext 25 and up with TRUE overture , 99.99% of the drop lists are false overture from "soon to expire list" queries., people want to see if there is a website and indexed pages under the name in case it does drop and they want to backorder., creating a false ovt score , you will see the following month with all these that the score goes away.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's possible to find maaaany names with ovt w/ext 25-75 that were never ever registered in this way avoiding the problems of dropped domains.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
it's possible to find maaaany names with ovt w/ext 25-75 that were never ever registered in this way avoiding the problems of dropped domains.

It's possible how? ;-)
Perhaps you could enlighten us...

And SearchSix, thanks for your contribution, so if you don't use droplists, what lists do you scan?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hard work

THE DROPS - look for linkpop , 200+ linkpop gets my attention, then go check where every link is actually located , if its linkfarm move on immediately , if there is good location on some links then its a go.

OVT W/EXT - look for 1,000+ ovt w/ext domains , then create a list of typos of those domains to scan. , some details I really don't want to post , sorry.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the OVT score is f.... up much more often than before even for high values score.

take example the
asiascale.com 25
tha mrdomain posted.....
if you query it now is 26747 !!!!!
I had it on my list to get it...OVT score (was 25) and
around May mid when ovt changed showed over 26k !!!!
quite amazing :)

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Searchsix, this is all very valuable information, and I understand you wanting to keep your best secrets close to your chest. So do you go for purely Google linkpop, or does it matter if it's Yahoo or MSN?

Missedcall you are correct, asiascale.com is showing 26747 OVT now. What's up with that?!?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is very weird. I scanned asiascale.com for typos and there are no typos with ovt. This is very strange for a name with 26k ovt w/ext. I think the ovt score must be some kind of error

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there no typos - links or traffic old website...the score is wrong ..
and increased after dn expired and re-registered.
that's is at least suspicious if you know what I mean

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
petrosc said:
I think the ovt score must be some kind of error

I think that's a given, seeing as the ovt was only 25 a couple of days ago. The question is how and why! :laugh:

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
It's possible how? ;-)
Perhaps you could enlighten us...

ccTLDs:) but you need to local languages to find good names... english doent help much to understand the specificities of less popular languages, neither does german or french. there are about 200 countries in the world, plenty of space for everyone, at least for now

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
I think that's a given, seeing as the ovt was only 25 a couple of days ago. The question is how and why! :laugh:

If anybody thinks that he may have an explanation, I'd love to hear it. Its the first time I see something like this...

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
u can send thousands queries to OVT for a domain - increase the OVT score so in the next month u can sell the dn as is , without traffic stats - some scammers make good $ from this

I am not saying that's what happened on the above dn - this may be an OVT error after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom