Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LucasNursery.com decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Anderson

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like Judges in America are starting to see the truth about these overreaching corrupt perverters of trademark law.

Quote about lucasnursery.com :

The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati ruled Friday that the Canton woman did not violate the law when she used the name of Lucas Nursery and Landscaping Inc. for a Web site she created to complain about the Canton nursery.

Paul Levy, staff attorney with the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen, said the ruling bolsters the fight by consumer groups to stop corporations from snuffing out free speech on the Internet.

"This is a very important case," said Levy. "This is a mainstream circuit court that said using the Internet and the name of the company to criticize a company is perfectly legitimate."

http://www.freep.com/money/tech/lawn6x_20040306.htm

TheDomainMan

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm

Sounds to me like we have a cybersquattor on our hands~!

Garry Anderson

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay - you got me - I admit to having two or three domains that I use for free speech.

Would you believe that somebody actually called me a typosquatter for having SKILFUL.com :)

Guess his nationality.

AlwaysSomething

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
TheDomainMan said:
hmmmmmmmm

Sounds to me like we have a cybersquattor on our hands~!

HUH?

Not acording to The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati that ruled Friday that the Canton woman did not violate the law when she used the name of Lucas Nursery and Landscaping Inc

is that who you were talking about?

Garry Anderson

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AlwaysSomething> is that who you were talking about?

I think TheDomainMan was joking about me :)

In case anybody takes it seriously - for the record - none of the domains I bought for investment contain any intentional trademarks.

I do not have anything like FordMotorCompany.info for sale (although I believe this could be used for critical comment about them).

Anything that contains trademark, like WIPo_Org.uk, is purely for free speech - demonstrably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom