Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

made a bid for a domain, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohm,

I made my first bid for a domain on SEDO and they said the person has like 7 days to reply back and the contract is binding..ok fine..so far 3 days (almost 4) have past and nothing. it is owned by some Korean company...they apparently own a wack of domains cuz I have seen them around before...but if my luck should happen and no reply is sent back to me...I heard of deadbeat buyers..how often is it the case the other way around?

8-/

Domain Days 2024

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ohm,

I made my first bid for a domain on SEDO and they said the person has like 7 days to reply back and the contract is binding..ok fine..so far 3 days (almost 4) have past and nothing. it is owned by some Korean company...they apparently own a wack of domains cuz I have seen them around before...but if my luck should happen and no reply is sent back to me...I heard of deadbeat buyers..how often is it the case the other way around?

8-/

Is it by any chance a LLL.com ?

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you made a LOW offer, get used to hearing nothing back or a HIGH counter-offer. offers can either be simply accepted (less frequent i imagine), ignored, counter-offered or sent to auction.

If a week goes past and you have heard nothing from the seller, Sedo will send you an email letting you know that your offer has expired and is no longer binding but that you can make a new -higher- offer.

hope that helps. sp

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh,

I thought it was binding on their end too..like if they don't answer I get to buy the domain for what I bid on it. an the domain is a .net more like LLLLLLLLL.net :cool:

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope. even 'asking price' isnt binding for the seller, and is usually just a lure to get an offer over $60 to send to auction. A seller isnt obligated to sell unless they list it with a fixed price, accept an offer or send it to auction.

good luck! sp

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh,

I thought it was binding on their end too..like if they don't answer I get to buy the domain for what I bid on it. an the domain is a .net more like LLLLLLLLL.net :cool:

no, that does not happen that way.

I am in that position right now.....I offered $20,000 for a LLL.com but after 3 days, still no reply. :disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom