Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs Major Concerns re not getting credited for Clickbank sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have major concerns about Clickbank in that when putting some product affiliate links on my website I tested their order forms and see a number of them do NOT go to a CB order form but instead go to the sellers own order form or a paypal order form, thus bypassing CB entirely and seemingly no way to get credit for sales as the sale will not be tracked from what it appears. CB is sometimes not even listed as a payment option!

In fact, some of them seem to go to no order forms at all, just invites to signup for a free trial or free newsletter, etc. A few apparently have no order form or online products at all and the webpages ask for paypal contributions and little more.

Many other seller sites go to an order form which often gives 2 or 3 choices: (A) Pay using our order form. (B) Pay using Clickbank (C) Pay with PayPal.

If CB is selected then your affiliate ID is normally (but not always) at the bottom of the order form after clicking on your state and zip code. When the buyer uses either the sellers own order form or paypal it appears there is no way to get credit for the sale.

Since so many CB sellers give 2 or 3 payment options IMO only a fraction would select to pay using CB. Most all would select the sellers own credit card form or PayPal. This is especially so since I am sure not too many people have heard of Clickbank so few would select them if given an option.

I asked CB about why so many sellers do not use the CB order form by saying this: "I think they may be signing up with CB and it seems a short time later they delete the navigation to the clickbank order form possibly as a way to not pay commission. Is that what is going on? I assume that is happening, right?"

But in response to the above they seemed quite unconcerned and said this in part: "....some users have other payment options on their site because they sell physical products or have previous agreements with other payment gateways. Nine times out of ten this is exactly what is happening." Later I sent CB a followup email as was not satisfied with the reply but no response was received.

That scenario from CB really seems quite far fetched as most every site I checked was selling 100% online stuff, normally ezines or ebooks. As far as so called payment gateways go that seems odd as the majority of CB sellers I looked at I suspect were really Ma and Pa operations with non-professional homemade looking payment pages, no where near so called payment gateways.

This all sounds quite suspicious to me and has me wondering if I should remove the programs I set up already? What is your opinion on this?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time with no replies, feedback and not many views, even though this should be an important issue. But I know there are some members here who are interested in or currently use Clickbank?

However, I know MediaHound and some others are using CB so any feedback would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom