Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Major corp client stalls with payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I cannot elaborate any further, my request is specific.
Actually, the pages are all hidden from public view and there is no need for a user/pass to access them.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good luck

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The company is not paying you because they don't have to unless you have a written contract with them.

The screenshots are hearsay. Even your address, codes, etc. which you put on the pages are hearsay, and will be excluded from evidence unless you can somehow prove that you put them there as you did the work and not later. Therefore, any affidavit based on them will probably be excluded too.

But it won't even get that far. The company will just produce it's corporate guidelines which will state that contracts on behalf of the company can only be made by certain personnel, and must be approved by others. In other words, temps don't have the authority to hire independent contractors.

Your cause of action here is against the woman who hired you on the oral contract, or under an equitable principle called quantum meruit (the value of your work).

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with Socalboy, however you can use a oral contract if you have the testimony of this project manager friend of yours.

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can use a oral contract if you have the testimony of this project manager friend of yours

Sounds to me like it was an ultra vires act. Major corporations don't usually hire people over the weekend.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it was an ultra vires act.

If the project manager ordered services without the consent of his superiors, I would think the corporation would still be liable since he was employed at the time correct?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback, I asked for a particular task - not a discussion about what my rights are nor speculations about whether I have a contract or not.

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the project manager ordered services without the consent of his superiors, I would think the corporation would still be liable since he was employed at the time correct?

Depends, but in this case, sounds like no.

Thank you for your feedback, I asked for a particular task - not a discussion about what my rights are nor speculations about whether I have a contract or not.

Poor guy, got more than he bargained for from DNF:sigh2:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Poor guy, got more than he bargained for from DNF:sigh2:

While your input is appreciated, your tone is not. I suggest you use a spell checker next time as well.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I cant ask other members questions without you getting upset?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I did not get upset, RG.

Thank you all for the contribution to this thread. I am in contact with several people and will define my future strategy accordingly.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your more than welcome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom