Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a domain listed at GoDaddy auctions at $19. It expired a month ago but sold a few days ago (I had no idea the domain was listed at Auctions). Now GoDaddy is requesting that I push the domain into the buyers account or they will suspend my account. I can't do that since the domain had expired and the only way I can retrieve the domain is paying the $95 "expiry fee". Is there anything I can do without paying the expiry redemption fee?

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't you call them, and explain that to them?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is really weird, w/Go Daddy you simply cannot list items for their 7-day auctions unless they have plenty of time left before exp date, even with the O-C/O format they just won't let you, the system is real strict w/that. And if it expired a month ago and you didn't list it recently the only explanation is a systems error. Or somebody listed your domain by mistake (meaning to list theirs and made a typo) and the system didn't catch that

Either way you're home-free. DO NOT PAY THE $80 redemption penalty, period. Even if the name was sold for $800. This is an easy one to win. The domain cannot have had a new owner at listing time since it hadn't gone thru redemption + extra days, although it also depends on who the registrar was. Did you have it regged with GD ? If not, and if there was a backorder, it might just have a new owner who listed it, check the WHOIS.... but still, it is way too soon for that any way you look at it. We'd need to know the exp date and the registrar the domain was at to check if this was even possible, 99% sure this cannot be the case since that new owner would've had to list it ....and then it still got sold with the previous owner's ID ?....it just can't happen

And just who, according to GD, listed the thing, on what date and from which account ? This is a true black and white issue !

I'm not sure if domains get automatically deleted from their own marketplace when they expire, they should.....especially if the names are regged with them

And just in case you should you "lose" this one to YoDaddy, post ALL OF IT here so EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT THEY DO TO PEOPLE EVEN WHEN THEY'RE CLEARLY NOT AT FAULT.

:typing:

I had a domain listed at GoDaddy auctions at $19. It expired a month ago but sold a few days ago (I had no idea the domain was listed at Auctions). Now GoDaddy is requesting that I push the domain into the buyers account or they will suspend my account. I can't do that since the domain had expired and the only way I can retrieve the domain is paying the $95 "expiry fee". Is there anything I can do without paying the expiry redemption fee?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom