Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Make Offer - How Much? - What's your offer? - What's your BIN?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay... this has GOT to stop.

I see post after post and get PM after Email with this kinds of worthless jabber...

One guy posts "_____ domain wanted, $10K budget for the right domain"

So, someone sends him a domain. He likes it.

"Interested in your domain, what are you asking?"

Sell replies "You offered up to $10K, what are you offering?"

Buyer replies "What is your BIN price"

Seller replies "What do you think it's worth?"

Buyer replies "How much do you want to get out of it?"

Seller replies "What are you willing to pay?"

And so on....

The worst of it is that the Buyer NEVER inteded to spend $10 grand but he's put it in the mind of the seller to ASK $10 grand.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting annoyed with this kind of wasted time?

The whole idea of basing a domain on traffic revenue only is getting people burned every day as CPC continually goes down and domains that made $3 per click six months ago and were sold under the idea that they were worth $3 per click times x number of clicks per month/year and sold for 2 - 3 years of rev are now making 300% LESS than they were sold for.

What's to be done? What CAN be done?

How do you price a domain for sale when looking at a PPC market that seems to be paying less and less with little or no place lower to go?

PLEASE don't start with the "generics will always be value" propoganda... we all know that. But it's the 95% of the people in this business that DON'T own generic dot commons that are being addressed here.

GoPC

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I go thru that all the time too either at forums, by email or PM, where the seller will not give a price, or buyer refuses to give a price too, depending on which side I am on.

Often there are domain wanted posts here where buyer say's send him your names and traffic but buyer refuses to say what his expectations are as far as both price and traffic goes. Sellers also play the same games.

More often than not if you send that info buyer will say he only wanted names under a certain price (usually a lower price), or he only wants names that get a certain level of traffic (often higher traffic than your name gets). It's nonsense crap and extremely annoying and mostly an exercise in futility and a major reason the resale market is not better than it is.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are now making 300% LESS than they were sold for.
Would be difficult for something to decrease by more than 100%, wouldn't it? ;)

I think pricing is about the solicitation. In general the seller should be ready to offer a price. The exception being if the seller was approached by the buyer about a domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
imo...

the reseller market is great!

as well as ppc performance

i guess it depends on what you're willing to spend on a domain to have it in YOUR portfolio.

many around here only want to pay 12 months or less for traffic domains, and most (me too) don't want to pay over, what they think the name is worth.

so sometimes a lot of haggling will occur over pricing.
but if you offer the right amount...it's yours!

i've sold at least 10 names on the forums since November and maybe 5 or 6 at sedo in the same time frame.

so I'm not seeing any slowdowns in the market, lack of offers or sales!

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see how most people work, buy a domain for $100 then want $10k for it. Things not work that way very often, people need to get real about pricing domains.

A seller has a right to make some money, but when a seller wants so much. you going to get this kind of stuff. People need a better way to value a domain, untill there is a good way to do that this will keep happening.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see how most people work, buy a domain for $100 then want $10k for it. Things not work that way very often, people need to get real about pricing domains.

A seller has a right to make some money, but when a seller wants so much. you going to get this kind of stuff. People need a better way to value a domain, untill there is a good way to do that this will keep happening.

no, but you can buy a name off the forums for 1.5k and sell it 2 months down the track for 2.5k.

I fact, I have just done this :)
My motto: You have to spend money to make money
and quality names is money well spent

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that it's fine making money, after all that is why we are in this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The Wanted section is a joke. Too many n00bz looking for domains for peanuts, never intending to buy unless it's like $20. Waste of time.

In a similar manner, 75% of the responses to Wanted ads are unrelated garbage.

I make my biggest sales cold-calling businesses, networking with IT managers and contacting Business Bureaus.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
imo...the reseller market is great!

Never intended to imply the resale market is not good but said in the context it would be even better is it was not for both buyers and sellers not wanting to reveal price and traffic expectrations. In my way of thinking it's not haggling as much as it is nonsense and game playing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Haggling is the essence of trading :) It's the non-disclosure of a price range or a target price that's annoying. When sellers ask for an offer, I make an educated offer having in mind that I am truly interested in the domain. To get the domain you don't have to make a high offer, you only need to understand the psychology of the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom