Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Making An Offer To Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found a name that is pretty good that I want which I will simply call "domain". It's one word and all the TLDs are taken.

The .com site has a halfway decent developed site on it but it could be a lot better. .org has a non-profit site up that's kind of so-so. However, there is the .net site and it has been featured on afternic as far as I can tell but not sold and has no content. I emailed both of the people and asked how much they wanted for their domains. I only have received a email asking the.net owner and he said this:

"Thank you for your interest in domain.net Please
send me your offer. I'll discuss your offer with my
business partner and let you know about our decision.
Currently, we are not interested in purchasing or
trading names."

Hopefully he doesn't use this forum but I was wondering now since he's made the textbook move of making me state a price instead of him what do I do now??

I don't want to overstate my price but I also do not want to understate the price and have him simply say no. Help!!

(If you can point me to any threads on this topic also that would be appreciated. Just thought this would be a good topic for discussion.)

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Determine your valuation of the domain and offer that amount with a 48hr stipulation. If the seller counters with a higher price, move on and find another domain.

Doc

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well they have owned the domain for 3 years so I figure costs of registrations for three years plus some profit margins. It would be at least 500-1K easy (and that's all I could really pay right now) but I could see them holding out longer for a better offer like 5-10K, especially if they asked me to state an offer myself. It's highly doubtful any figure I throw at them will be accepted unless it's extremely high IMHO. Is there a way to reply without naming a sum and push them to state a price? Could I say the .com person wants X number of dollars so i'll give you X-Y dollars? :)

Then if we agree on a figure over 500 how should we work out payment? Obviously paypal would be risky so I guess I would have to use an escrow service? Any good suggestions? Escrow.com?

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just offer as high as you're willing to pay for it and don't overpay.
If he say NO, then don't ask further, don't reply. He will contact you again. :D

You don't have many choices for escrow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom