Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Making money from traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up this very nice domain name around 6 weeks ago www.wdeluxe.com it was just traffic domain. I did my reasearch and rebuilt the site that was getting traffic. Traffic now steady at around 1k per day, and growing slowly. Problem is tried a few different types of banners but only making less than a 1$ per day on average.

I do have some people interested in taking banner advertising, so that may come off as well.

I have always steared clear of popups and popunders etc, but this may be a good way of making more rev from the traffic.

Anybody got any ideas on best way to convert 1k uniques to revenue?

The site is quite targeted on Photoshop design people, I think also a lot may be just kids, which of course is a problem as well as they may not have credit cards.

Any comments appriciated.

Steve

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried fastclick?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site like that I would look for advertisers to pay for impressions rather than per click. I know when I look at tutorial sites I am not interested in clicking on any banners.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it seems to me you link away too much. Make sure to open links with target="_blank" so that your window does not close.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
discdrome said:
Hi RADiSTAR,

No that is not me. That is the person I bought the name from a while ago. My spelling is also not very good though :)

Steve

Steve, your spelling is perfect. But I would be concerned that this guy is going by wdeluxe because he could be associated with the domain you now own.

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Steve, your spelling is perfect. But I would be concerned that this guy is going by wdeluxe because he could be associated with the domain you now own.

Yes agreed I shall contact him about getting his name changed.

Thanks to everybody in this thread for all of your comments and ideas, and even the PM's to buy the domain :)

I shall try some of the ideas. Probably go back to google ads for a little while see if I can get it more targeted. I am also chasing up a couple on enquiries for pay banner advertising, although as discussed here the rates are low ($20 for a month)

Thanks again.

Steve

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Considered using popups/unders?

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The key to it, young jedi, is pop-unders and contextual advertisements. These two ad-types are targeted, and will eventually build you a semi-steady income!

Have you tried yet? :)

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VG_KING said:
The key to it, young jedi, is pop-unders and contextual advertisements. These two ad-types are targeted, and will eventually build you a semi-steady income!

Have you tried yet? :)

I installed a popunder yesterday for one of my sites, I shall see how that goes.

Thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom