Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Making the rounds. Saying hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg-J

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

You might know me from DP. If not, I'm Greg-J - I'm the CSA of my software company of 6. We develop, you guessed it, software. We also develop websites and I freelance interfaces for some of the bigger players as well.

Although I'm only 25(26 next month), I've been with my wife for a little over 11 years now and we have two children; My daughter, who is 10 and my son who is 2. Fun fact about them: They were both due on the same day of the same month, but we had my son delivered two days early. I mean, what girl wants a brother on her birthday.

So that's me without boring you too much. I figured I'd bite the bullet and sign up. Everyone tells me $35 is a bargain, so here I am. I look forward to forging the same reputation here as I have on DP.

-Cheers.

Domain Days 2024

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome,
:welcome:
After a few weeks you will upgrade to Exclusive. It's worth the $$

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNForum!!!

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome :)

Greg-J

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

...I mean. Glad to be Welcomed!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greg-J said:
Everyone tells me $35 is a bargain, so here I am. I look forward to forging the same reputation here as I have on DP.
Without a doubt it's worth it. Welcome! I'm a perpetual newbie here, so can ya clue me in on what DP is?

Greg-J

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DP is Digital Point. I find that most people enter this 'realm' through either DP (digitalpoint), SP (sitepoint), v7n (ermm... v7n), DNF (you are here * ) or NP (namepros). Or possibly GFY (gof*ckyourself), if you're an adult domainer/webmaster.

So there you have your abbreviations ;)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Greg. Boy you started young with the kids. You're not that guy who married his teacher are you? Just kidding.
What kind of software does your company develop?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg. Wow, how do you last 11 years in marriage? I've been married less than a year and most of the time I'm driven insane!

Greg-J

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife and I 'got a bit of a head start' you might say ;)

We specialize in gaming related software, but we dabble in all sorts of things. We have everything from free screen capture software to our own in-house html/css editors (think of it as notepad with auto-complete and color highlighting). I also do a some freelance work on interface design for certain companies when their in-house team can't muster up the, umm, mustard to get it done. We also do a fair amount of php and python web development for our own projects.

We all currently work for free, as in - our collective profits go directly back in to the business. We have our day jobs (mine happens to be domaining), and we all work about 50 hours a week on our software company.

You'll see me advertise one-off and/or unique scripts and sites on the forums. And of course, if you need any work done - feel free to contact me. Not the 'can you fix this' type of work, but if you need a serious script/site developed by someone who isn't going to shop it around once he's done, I'm your man.

-Cheers.

meganerd said:
Hi Greg. Wow, how do you last 11 years in marriage? I've been married less than a year and most of the time I'm driven insane!

This is why I never complain about life. I figure if I was fortunate enough to meet my soul-mate at 14, Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Don't get me wrong though. I went insane a long time ago ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom