Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

manage.snapnames.com - authcode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find it in the control panel?

I have wasted 20 minutes looking for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Domain Days 2024

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the domain secret. Click on the domain, then click "view domain secret"

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just be sure it has been over 60 days since you acquired the domain. I am still waiting on a couple to hit that mark so I can transfer them out.

Unless someone knows how to get around the 60 day mark and transfer from Snapnames to Moniker sooner.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info....I found it.

That was frustrating.

For anyone else here is info from the site:

Locating and Modifying the Domain (Transfer) Secret/Authorization Code for your Domain Name (except .EU, .UK, .CC, .TV and .WS)

All domain names (except a .EU, .UK, .CC, .TV and .WS domain name) have a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code associated with them. This would be required if you want to have such a domain name Transferred. Manage.SnapNames.com provides you with the unique facility of modifying your Domain (Transfer) Secret for each domain name. You can thus have a Domain (Transfer) Secret of your choice for each domain name.

This can be fulfilled by the following simple steps -
Login to your Control Panel and search for the domain name whose transfer secret you wish to modify. Click here to know how >>

Click on the domain name in the search results to get to the Order details view.

The Domain Secret field in the Order Information part will have a link to view your Domain Secret over a secure connection. Clicking this link will open a new window where the current Domain (Transfer) Secret will be displayed.

To Modify the Domain (Transfer) Secret, click on the Modify Domain Secret button in the Domain Registration toolbar of the Order details view page. In the resulting page, provide a Domain (Transfer) Secret of your choice in the New Domain Secret textbox and click on Continue to save the change.
IMPORTANT
In case of a .COM/.NET domain name, the Domain Secret field may have a link to set a Domain (Transfer) Secret (instead of a link to view the current Domain (Transfer) Secret) which can be used as mentioned below:

1. Click on the Click here to create Domain Secret link in the Domain Secret field.

2. In the next page, provide a Domain (Transfer) Secret of your choice in the New Domain Secret textbox and click Continue to save the change.

Once a domain name having an associated Domain (Transfer) Secret is Transferred to Manage.SnapNames.com from another Registrar, our System would set a new Domain (Transfer) Secret for such a domain name. This process is implemented from a security perspective.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just be sure it has been over 60 days since you acquired the domain. I am still waiting on a couple to hit that mark so I can transfer them out.

Unless someone knows how to get around the 60 day mark and transfer from Snapnames to Moniker sooner.

Just transfer it from the old owner directly to moniker.
Saves time and $, and you can add privacy, before it gets to your account

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just transfer it from the old owner directly to moniker.
Saves time and $, and you can add privacy, before it gets to your account

Doesn't work as I got them from a drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom