Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

manage.snapnames.com - how to transfer out a domain before expiry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm transferring out 4 names from manage.snapnames.com where they've been held since I picked them up a year ago. The transfer process has gone fine, but now I get those approval emails that don't give you a chance to speed up the process by clicking in. Instead, all they give is the Cancel option with an automatic transfer out in 5 days unless Cancel is selected.

So what happens if two of those domains expire while waiting on the 5-day automatic transfer? Is there a way to speed this up?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There used to be a trick by changing N to Y in the URL but they disabled that trick. If the transfer has been initiated you should be fine even if the names are due to expire very soon.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It actually looks like there is a "response=n&keys=..." in the url but I was/am afraid to change that "n" to a "y"

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I

So what happens if two of those domains expire while waiting on the 5-day automatic transfer?
I've haven't had a failed transfer out from any registrar if initiated prior to the expiation date ( not saying manage.snapnames can't)
BTW you can't "hurry" any trans-out if the losing registrar doesn't have a trans-out auth link (in my experiance)
Perhaps someone that changed the "N" to "y" can comment

jim

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past you could change the n to y in the URL and get the transfer to complete immediately. If you try the same trick it will now tell you that you can't approve transfer through that link. No harm done. You have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom