Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Manually catching a drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A domain or two are dropping next week that I'd like to get but aren't worth the fees that most catching services pay for.

If I remember correctly, .com domains usually start to drop around 1-3PM Central US time - what is a good time to give up and assume it was already registered by someone else since the WhoIs info won't update until the next day?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A quick tip regarding the time frame, begin at the starting line, half hour later give up.

If you are talking about tasted domains at pretty much exactly to the second, 5 days after purchase.

DNB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Com domains start dropping at 6pm GMT, but in my opinion it is almost impossible to hand register good dropping .com.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, now to wait 5 days to see if it is being tasted. :)

I did get a drop though NJ, though (even though I didn't realize it was a actual bid and not a proxy bid). That's my 1 backorder this year. :lol:

if its andrew reberry, he'll keep it.

aclass

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sometimes manage to catch one of those not that good drops through dynadot's api but most of the times someone else gets the domain. Many of the times it's that andrew reberry guy. Who is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom