Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

*Manufacturer*Pricing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

xr3dpill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently own a domain, (x)pricing.com, where the (x) is a car manufacturer's name. I plan on developing it into a lead submission site where people insert their contact information, and I send the "lead" to the closest (x)dealership. If I am not collecting a fee from the user, not selling the lead to the dealer, and have no revenue whatsoever, will their be any domain or legal issues? Also, if did decide to sell the "leads" would that change things?

I could really use some help.

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is a good question for an attorney, but in my non-lawyer opinion it would be safer to use a generic *pricing.com. taking a risk like this might only come back to haunt you when you are successful and a higher-up at the tm'd company goes to google and sees your links ranking up with theirs. then they get upset and take action, so even if you are right, it could cost you.

on the flip side, i vaguely remember a used mercedes dealer case where there was an action against a company using the mercedes name in its promotions and mercedes lost the case. perhaps somebody with more info can help out.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally (non lawyer) suspect you may be ok as there is no financial gain from it, however as the last poser stated, you would in general be better off with a more generic domain.

*poster*... can't edit :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom