Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Many of my domains does not appear on searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I have like 200 domains there, many topics, many keywords.

A couple of weeks ago, I realized that many of my domains does not appear for partial searches.
I reported this two weeks ago and they passed the report to the developers, but it has been too much time to what I think a basic funcionality that should work no matter what.

The problem is as following:
Say someone perform a seach on keywordA.
Then, I have several domains like:
keywordBkeywordA.com
keywordAkeywordC.com

Then, some of these appear, some of they just simply do not appear listed.
And there are other similar domains from other people that does appear listed, so, it have to work for my domains too.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their search feature sucks... and it's been like that for ages. I agree they must do something about it.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And they seems not to care about fixing it!!

:(

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got this answer from Sedo when I asked a similar question

"Due to the huge volume of domain names listed on our website, currently over 11 million, the search function works parallel with the internal domain ranking system. Therefore, domains with a higher score (those which are parked (with traffic) or have received offers or are featured in the showcase) are more likely to be found.

Whilst we realise that this is not an ideal situation, if the search were to provide all corresponding results, this would simply overload the average buyer and most likely put them off making a purchase."

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is precisely the reason why they need to introduce additional filters in the search. Or have an advanced search feature available to those who really want to dig.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Due to the huge volume of domain names listed on our website, currently over 11 million, the search function works parallel with the internal domain ranking system. Therefore, domains with a higher score (those which are parked (with traffic) or have received offers or are featured in the showcase) are more likely to be found.

Something must be wrong with the system anyway, I don't understand how a domain that have received 15 offers is not being listed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom