Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Many people got scammed by GameChimp.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I have received a complain email regarding my domain GameChimp.com which turns out that some scammer has use GameChimp.co.uk to scam people.

I am including the emails from the person who got scammed below. I am not worry that my domain is being blame for, but I am just concern if anyone can help these people to get their money back?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kawing

First Email:
"Following investigations I believe you are the scammer behind the site Gamechimp. I was one of the people done over by you and lost £200 which was my daughters Xmas Present, so christmas for her will not be going ahead thanks to you. Myself and many other people been done over by you have reported you to the local authorities and to paypal, I feel very upset that because of you my daughter will not be getting the christmas she deserves!"

After I explain that I am not the scammer, I receive the following email:
"The website me and may others have been scammed over is Gamechimp.co.uk, between us all we have lost loads of money, although is was meant to be a UK based company we now know that its based in Hong Kong and nobody received their goods, the website is now closed. I have reported it to Paypal but because it was not purchased through Ebay they will only try to recover the money on a "best effort" basis so unlikely we will get any money back, I should imagine these people have done a runner with everyones money now so not much luck of getting it back."

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see it is at BODIS. However, if you could have it on your own server, why not put a disclaimer page explaining the whole issue. Recently I also was getting a LOT of emails because a .co.uk site, of which I owned the .com, spammed people.

I put up the disclaimer explaining the situation to them and the emails nearly stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom