Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Market for Spanish Worded Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with this?

I am just curious, since I found a few good dot coms, that are basic keywords, and could be possible good registrations.

Here is an example:

DINERO.COM = money.com

I am just trying to get input on peoples past results, and maybe find a search statistics for spanish words in maybe a spanish search engine.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
?

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else try Spanish domains with any success?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have sold a few in past with decent results. The name MUST be both a .com and a VERY strong name. Sales have been in the high 3s and low 4s.

-Bob

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dinero.com is an excellent domain if you can get it. The only trouble is the .com was registerd in 1995 and expires in 2004.

And the .net, .org, .biz, .info, .cc, .tv, and .us among other show as taken.

It looks to me like you got a false domain available for registration from either the registry or the registrar. I have seen this happen many times. By the way if it looks like many good domains are available I try sex, and if this shows as available particularly in .com then there is something wrong with the registrar or the registry reporting.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks All. But FineE , I was just using that as a hypothetical example.

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dinero.com worths no few money right now (I would not even consider any offer under 25k if I were the owner).

However it is one of the strongest Spanish domains, very probably in the top 10.

Just think how much is the market value of its English brother and you will get an idea of the existing gap between the two markets.

Personally I did not have any luck with my Spanish domains, I am keeping just very few I consider the best (all of them did not get any close to the quality of Dinero.com).

Spanish market is growing, slowly but constantly that for value of Spanish domains should increase though in many Spanish countries .com has not same recognition as in USA.
It is still strong but local CC are serious competitors (.es in Spain and .com.mx here in Mexico, in example) and surely reduce the overall value of .com on those countries.

Other aspecte I noticed, though it is just a personal supposition, is that Latin developers and firms are "creatives" in choosing domains for their business.
I mean, until now, I see much more more difficult on the Spanish market to find anyone willing to pay lot of money for a Spanish two words combo even of TOP quality, they would rather made-up a funny name and brand it.

Finally, in my modest opinion, to invest on Spanish domains market with good chance to make any profit you should target very HIGH quality domains, top keywords only (not necessarily as same level as Dinero.com but not too much lower.)

However this mean you should be ready to risk serious amounts.

Saludos,

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Speaking of money, I have shekel.org and shekel.us

Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 shekel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom