Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

marketleap == $ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't been the type of person to check link popularity and keywords, ect. but how do these stats that we seem to judge everything by on here convert into dollars?

One of my sites zFilter has a market leap popularity total of 156,343 (check it in humor against comedycentral.com) so what price would you put on a rating like that alone? And in the end how important is link popularity at all -- or are we worshiping a false god!?

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
linkpopularity is an indication of traffic - all it does is let you know the number of inbound links to your site on the search engines

i would use traffic stats to market the sale instead:)

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. Yoir marketleap is way up there, but most (140K) of the links come from Allthweb, which is notoriously inaccurate.

When I see something that looks good on marketleap, I check a few other places (Google, Alexa to name a couple) to see about the quality of the links...that is one factor that will drive the traffic and produce value.

In zFilter's case, in Alexa, the first 10 listings of sites linking in are
Yahoo
Yahoo.hk
Yahoo.uk
Google
Terra
Infospace
ODP
Excite
Comcast
Sympatico

These sorts of links are going to drive far more traffic to your site than 100,000 listing from Homestead or Tripod or other such links.

Congratulations on what must be a very successful site

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just see all these stats quoted so often and I was wondering if there was any sort of sales formula to it. But as I thought a lot of things could affect your rating on anything depending how devious you would want to be!

zFilter gets around 10k uniques daily, 8k comes from bookmarks/direct requests around 1.8k from referals and 200 or less from search engines.

I was just stunned to see it have such a great marketleap rating and, in my opinion, have a fairly low search engine referal result in the comparison.

95 per cent of my search words are 'zfilter' or 'zfilter.com' which is why this had me amazed!

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wyvern
I agree. Yoir marketleap is way up there, but most (140K) of the links come from Allthweb, which is notoriously inaccurate.

i wouldnt say its inaccurate - fast crawls very very deep and tends to link a lot of pages that google etc doesnt :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom