Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

may be a dumb ?...what about us.com tld names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there value to domain names with the us.com ? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

It appears there are a lot of good names to be had with that extension...or am I missing something?

Tyler

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can probably find a domain on the forums or in the drops that isn't a subdomain for around the same price. But if you don't have thousands to spend on type-in traffic and just want a keyword domain and depend on content and SE traffic any extension will do.

tylerb

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see... so a .us.com is really a sub-domain and not really a top level domain. Thanks

T

tylerb

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I purchased breastcancer.us.com to go with my other breast cancer type domains and I am not so sure I made a wise investment. I suppose we will see.

T

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can something be worthless if people buy?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
SuckersBornEveryMinute.us.com seens appropriate.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are selling some domains (subdomains to be exact), but at least they aren't trying to mask them like new.net and a few "alternate root" providers. I certainly woudn't buy them for resale or speculation, but if you really wanted one and it's better than what's currently available, I'd say go for it.

However, bear in mind that if you register domain.us.com, you may just find in a few years the more legitimate domain.com.us version available if the .us domain becomes saturated and they decide to use the now reserved com/net/org subs of .us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom