Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MDidnt get my bid in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is me venting! Im mad at myself for missing the end of an auction at enom.
I have a cold and decided to take a quick nap before my auctions ended. I fell asleep and awoke about 30 minutes after the end of the auction for "conestoga dot com" among others.
I was prepared to pay about 7-10 times the high bid as of this morning.

Ok everyone laugh at me for not just entering my bid this morning instead of waiting until the auction was almost over. I deserve the beating and hopefully I have learned my lesson!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah.....

i missed the bid on "1fx dot com", the other day, when i was here in the chatroom :(

there were only 7 bidders on that name.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't feel bad.. it happens all the time to me as well... i'm sure it has also happened at least once or twice to anybody who is playing the drops.

:cheeky:

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
don't feel bad.. it happens all the time to me as well... i'm sure it has also happened at least once or twice to anybody who is playing the drops.

:cheeky:

Yeah it has happened to me a couple times per year but this is the first time it has happened when I REALLY wanted a domain.
So guess what I did tonight? I went through all my auctions for Saturday and Sunday and placed my top bid. Well, not quite my top bid but close just in case I forget again. I should do this anyway since they are proxy but for some reason I am still thinking of the old days when sniping actully worked.

Thanks for the comments...I am almost done kicking myself!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too. Yesterday I ran out of coffee and took a bit to long getting it from the corner shop.

The public auction had closed by the time I got back and I'm sure I could have got the name with a $10 bid :-(

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isnt this the reason for auto bidding?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
The public auction had closed by the time I got back and I'm sure I could have got the name with a $10 bid :-(

There are many people who are waiting for the public auctions, including me.
You can get so many good domains for that cheap. If You really want a name in enom, make the $30 bid.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Isnt this the reason for auto bidding?

Like I said I should be "proxy bidding"(auto bidding) but sometimes I have the "snipe" mentality of a couple years ago.
All of my names in auction today I palced proxy bids on in case I forgot/overslept etc.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email the owner and tell him you will pay x5 of what he paid for it, im sure he will sell :p

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
new owner is also member here
winning bid was $2200

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The high bid in the morning was only around $300. I was willing to go up to $2500-$3k depending on how other acqusitions were going.
It is a great name! A great deal at $2200!
Not willing to pay $10k for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom