Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale .ME domains and Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind

Rainmaker
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably most of us that have purchased .ME domain expect to use them in more general sense not as something related to Montenegro (ME). But today I looked at the Google Webmaster Tools and found that Google have "bound" the .ME extension to the Montenegro geolocation, and probably results from .ME sites will appear less probably when done from other locations (USA for example). When I want to change preferred Geographic Target, Google do not permit me to do it and the following information is shown:

If your site targets users in a particular location, you can provide us with information that will help determine how your site appears in our country-specific search results, and also improve our search results for geographic queries. You can only use this feature for sites with a neutral top-level domain, such as .com or .org. Country-specific domains, such as .ie or .fr, are already associated with a country or region.
Learn more about setting a geographic target
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=62399&hl=en

Domain Days 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom