Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

MediaOptions.com Completes the sale of Domain Name: Pizza.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Panama City, Panama, August 3, 2010 - Media Options Inc. (MediaOptions.com) announced today that they have completed the sale of the domain name Pizza.net. All parties involved in the sale signed an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) so unfortunately; details of the sale cannot be released. However, it is believed that this sale represents one of the top 5 .NET domain sales of all time.

The sale comes at a time when the TLD space is being inundated with new extensions and the global release of previous ccTLD’s (country code top level domains). There has been question by some domain investors regarding the long-term viability of the .NET TLD, however, this sale should put those insecurities at ease. The domain industry as a whole has been growing rapidly with total domain registrations expected to surpass 200 Million by years end. The shortage of available premium generic domain names has steadily increased the price and value of such domains. As reported by DNJournal.com (a leading industry news site), the aftermarket sales price of domain names has increased by 38% when comparing second quarter sales in 2010 vs. 2009.

Andrew Rosener, the CEO of Media Options Inc, says “We spent several months marketing this domain to many different parties whom we felt may be interested in the inherent value of such a powerful generic domain name, including Dominos Pizza & Pizza Hut. We are very pleased with the success of our efforts and believe that the buyer we found will use this domain to its full potential, which considering the 9.2 Million exact searches per month in Google alone, is a tremendous amount of potential. Pizza.net is not just another domain name; this domain was at one time the first online food ordering system on the Internet and was even featured in the hit Hollywood movie “The Net” starring Sandra Bullock. Aside from this, Pizza.net was the first website on the Internet to ever use a local business proximity search, a technology which was later patented by Microsoft.”

For those who are not familiar with what a local business proximity search is, it is one of the single most commonly used tools on the Internet today. When you type in your address, zip code or ip address and a search for local businesses in your area is performed, this is a local business proximity search.

Pizza.net was originally registered in 1995 and has been owned by the same individual until the time of this sale. Many people who were active on the Internet in the late 90’s may remember Pizza.net as being a popular online pizza ordering system. At this time it is uncertain what the new owner’s intentions are for Pizza.net.

Media Options Inc. is a brokerage service of premium domain names with over 12 years of experience in the domain business. They operate one of the leading domain industry newsletters and are currently brokering the sale of other premium domain names such as: Ropa.com (clothing in Spanish), ColdAndFlu.com & many others. For more information about their services please visit: www.mediaoptions.com.

Domain summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if no price is revealed it counts for nothing imho

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I would much prefer to be able to publicize the terms of the sale as it would bring us far more attention.

But a deal is a deal.

A top 5 .NET sale - price or no price is an extremely relevant sale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If it were a top 5 .net sale of all time, you guys need to invest in a better logo/branding and of course proper PR copy writing :D

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's wrong with our logo? I get compliments on our logo all the time.

The release could use some spicing up, but since I can't release the sale price, I didn't think it was worth it to put much more into the PR.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I would much prefer to be able to publicize the terms of the sale as it would bring us far more attention.

But a deal is a deal.

A top 5 .NET sale - price or no price is an extremely relevant sale.

all due respect...it can't be a "top" anything without a number attached.

I joined your newsletter though :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the "logo", because it's not a logo; it's four dots and two words stuck together :D But if you're happy with it, then that's all that matters. The press release is boring and amateur-sounding. Seriously, people of the media need to invest in their online appearance, the way club-goers invest in their outfits.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Blessed are the meek then :D (Matthew 5:5)

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am trying to help the guy out :D But salvation comes from within (can't remember the Bible quote, sorry).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, it does cast a cloud on things...

hard not be skeptical when the verbiage is

it is believed that

it either is, or it isn't.

You believe it and now you want others to believe it even though there is no verification involved...just believe us.

If those doing the press release are also the parties involved and they don't know if it is or is not one of the top 5 .net sales and can not confirm it, why the hell post it?

Having an NDA is one thing. Adding hypothetical and unconfirmed stats or unsubstantiated data is another matter and adds no credibility to those making the statement.

I think that is where the PR fails and needs clarification and verification - before the announcement is made, not after.

If it is not found NOT to be one of the top 5 .net sales, will there be a follow up PR retracting the claim?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on who the buyer is :)

thats true
if it's a publicly listed company then the price/purchase will be noted in their end of year accounts

d101domains

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just in case your client or contacts would be interested,
i would have these domains to offer. They should work well in local PPC ...

pizza-new-york.com
pizza-los-angeles.com
pizza-san-francisco.com
pizza-atlanta.com
pizza-houston.com
pizza-phoenix.com
pizza-tampa.com
pizza-toronto.com
pizzakansas.com
pizza-kansas.com

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You must be the pizza lover of the year..

just in case your client or contacts would be interested,
i would have these domains to offer. They should work well in local PPC ...

pizza-new-york.com
pizza-los-angeles.com
pizza-san-francisco.com
pizza-atlanta.com
pizza-houston.com
pizza-phoenix.com
pizza-tampa.com
pizza-toronto.com
pizzakansas.com
pizza-kansas.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom