Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

MelbourneIT - A bunch of Jokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Melbourne IT Digital Brand Services (http://melbourneitdbs.com) is a division of MelbourneIT, which among other things does domain acquisitions on behalf of clients.

They were interested in acquiring a domain (for a client) and we promptly started the process via Escrow.com with a ONE day inspection period.
We transferred the domain to them on 13-JUNE and requested that they begin the inspection period. They responded saying that once the domain is *FULLY* transferred they would begin the inspection period ... Im not sure what that means, maybe they wanted to move the domain to another registrar. Fair enough.

We all know that registrar transfers take 4-6 days, maybe less if a Registrar is directly involved (as in this case)
I checked back after a week. The response was: Its not *FULLY* transferred yet.

I checked again, 10 days after the transfer. The Melbourne IT Rep responded:
"Yes it was transferred in my name but it needs to be updated to <Clients Name>
It should be completed by Thursday/Friday (24-JUNE) this week.
"

I had sneaky feeling it wouldn't happen ... and it did not.

I wrote to the Melbourne IT Rep today (27-JUNE) asking them to return our domain and cancel this transaction.
First I got this response:
"Hi Mat,
Can you confirm if this has been completely transferred to the client?
"
I suppose it was meant for her colleague.

Minutes later, I got another email:
"Dear Mr/Mrs,

I am currently travelling and will be back in the office on June 30. I have no access to my emails during this time. If there is anything urgent please email [email protected] or to your dedicated account manager.

I apologize for any inconveniance.
"

What a bunch of Jokers. Would You do business with them?

All along Escrow.com has expressed its helplessness. Very disappointing for such a good company.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually, Escrow.com is far from helpless in this situation. If Melbourne IT has actually received the name and even transferred Registrars, it is an easy thing for Escrow.com to verify themselves. You need to call and talk to a rep there.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have NOT changed registrars yet (as of 27-JUNE) ... thats my point. And its been 14 days.
There is clearly a lack of competence.

Will surely call Escrow.com first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

MelbourneIT has finally accepted the transaction as Escrow.com!

The status of the domain has not changed (its still with the same registrar!) so Im wondering why the change of heart.
It may have something to do with my forum post here.

All the same, stay away from this company (http://melbourneitdbs.com) their staff is clueless and difficult to deal with.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One issue with MIT is while a name can change accounts they keep the registrant or owner contact the same and get you to spend $25 to change that one area, scary tactic to make $25, so its possible they set up an account and their info remained until new owner logs in and pays $25 to change ownership info????

glad to hear it worked out for you.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a similar situation at the moment. I am the buyer and am awaiting ,started on 22nd June, for the domain to complete transfer to Fabulous.com. Usually they complete in 5 to 7 days but on this one the losing registrar has not replied to the request from Fabulous.com I guess . Now is 8 days and still not complete.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Transfer completed today. That is wiith transfer from 1 & 1 TO Fabulous.com .Started 22nd June and ended today uk time at 3pm. Thats 9 days. So seems transfers can take that long.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom