Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
on the memberships page it says both

"1 year $39"

and

"All subscriptions are for a lifetime membership"

So which is it? 1 year? or lifetime? Update page with correct information.

Upvote 0

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
on the memberships page it says both

"1 year $39"

and

"All subscriptions are for a lifetime membership"

So which is it? 1 year? or lifetime? Update page with correct information.

I just upgraded to Platinum and the options i got were $39 for 1 year or $59 for 30 years.

Since I dont use this site all that much, I opted for the 1 year.

C

Chuck

I'm not sure why that text was left at the bottom. Obviously if you purchase the "one year" it's not lifetime. I will remove it to avoid any further confusion.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That text is still there.

I noticed it just a minute ago when I considered (but decided against) the summer upgrade sale.

I

impactadmin

Where are you reading the text exactly?

All summer sale items are discounted by 50% and are lifetime memberships.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where are you reading the text exactly?

All summer sale items are discounted by 50% and are lifetime memberships.

There is a drop down box in the Memberships page for each level

dnforum.com/payments.php

it does have 1 year and 30 year plans

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that line is down at the bottom, logically applying to all the membership listed in the drop-downs above, including the one-year memberships. Of course, the undiscounted one-year memberships cost the same as the discounted 30yr memberships, so, that particular mistake is of no consequence.

The difference between "lifetime" and 30 years is, however, a different matter. Given the fact that the site is unlikely to exist in 30 years anyway, you should increase your revenues now by eliminating that anomaly and simply calling it a lifetime membership.

Incidentally, the $169.95 cost to upgrade from Platinum to Exclusive is not particularly attractive to anyone who does the math: it is only $30 less than completely new members will pay.

Given that existing Platinum members have, so far, resisted the temptation to pay you more, they are not going to bite for a derisory saving that seems to ignore their existing status and membership history. If you want to drive up your high-level subscriptions (and thereby increase the level of "Exclusive" activity overall) you should make the offer seem particularly good - at a rough guess, the psychological sweet-spot would be $100 and pitched along the lines of "... to thank you for you valued support of the site, we are making a one-time only offer to all of our existing Platinum members".

Brand new members are a different story, particularly if they are also new to domaining, they are generally naive enough to believe that paying top-dollar for everything is worth it. You will scoop 90% of them on the first pass but you have to try a little harder to lure the remaining 10%.

I

impactadmin

Ok found that message. That has been removed.

30 Years is the max we can set in vbulletin system. All 30 plans is for a lifetime membership.

I have adjusted the price for gold and platinum to exclusive upgrades. All memberships are pro rated so that if you have paid for a gold already the upgrade to platinum deducts what you have already paid for a gold. Same follows for all memberships.

They are 50% now as there was a slight adjustment to the platinum to exlcusive and gold to exclusive price.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see the adjustment, that certainly makes more sense in mathematical terms, giving exactly the same 50% (equivalent) discount to everyone.

In marketing terms, however, I think you are still missing an opportunity by not targeting existing Gold and Platinum members more aggressively - these are guys who have already established that they are willing to pay money but who, for whatever reasons, chose NOT to come in at the Exclusive level ... why?

Presumably, they gave it some consideration and finally decided that, in their circumstances, the benefit of Exclusive over Platinum was not worth the additional cost. If they have been members for a while and have remained happy at Gold or Platinum, there is not much chance that they will suddenly change their minds and decide to pay more.

In those circumstances, the only way to shake money out of those particular pockets, and to increase the overall revenue generated by your site, is to run an offer that WILL strike them as worthwhile. Obviously, it's not my site, you are the experts on your own business, I just have a feeling that you might be leaving money on the table by not recognizing how the value proposition differs between new and longtime paying members. Finding a way to lure, say, 20% of your existing Platinum members into becoming Exclusive members would also increase participation by those members and increase the visibility of Exclusive memberships, thereby attracting more newbies to that membership level in the future when you are charging full price again.

Last edited:

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok found that message. That has been removed.

30 Years is the max we can set in vbulletin system. All 30 plans is for a lifetime membership.

I have adjusted the price for gold and platinum to exclusive upgrades. All memberships are pro rated so that if you have paid for a gold already the upgrade to platinum deducts what you have already paid for a gold. Same follows for all memberships.

They are 50% now as there was a slight adjustment to the platinum to exlcusive and gold to exclusive price.
There's still one for platnium to exclusive.
It's $139 for one year. $350 i believe for 30 years. Then on the bottom it saids summer sale and its $159 for 30 years.
Uh huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom