Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Microsoft-Skype-Digg-BMW-apple-MTV-Gets on the .Me train:

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneydomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apple has filed multiple domain name registrations for the .me domain

Applicants include tech industry leaders such as Apple -which registered apple.me, ipod.me and itunes.me - as well as Microsoft, Skype and Digg. Other multinationals that have registered .me names include MTV and BMW.
"The .me extension gives every company on the planet the opportunity to personalize their brands...and make them more relevant to today's Internet-savvy teens," says Roland LaPlante, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Afilias. "Companies should be registering .me names not just from an intellectual property protection standpoint, but because there is so much business opportunity to personalise products."
Predrag Lesic, CEO of the .me registry in Montenegro, says the new internet extension will appeal not only in English-speaking countries but also across the former Yugoslavia, Italy and Spanish-speaking countries, where the letters "me" have a similar meaning as in English.
"We think .me can offer a new business around domain names with verbs," Lesic says, such as drive.me or fly.me. "This is the start of a new opportunity on the internet."

The last time a country tried to market its country code extension as a generic domain name was the tiny island nation Tuvulu, which runs the .tv registry. Although .tv names have been available for a decade and have been marketed by VeriSign for online video content, the .tv extension is not among the 10 most popular country code top-level domains.
"I think .tv is starting to get some traction," LaPlante says. "But .me's appeal is more immediate and a lot more obvious to people...It should sell well into the millions. And it has corporate appeal not just for TV stations, which are limited in number."

From macworld.co.uk

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All forward to .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom