Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Migrating phpBB to vB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got good experience with migrating phpBB forums to vBulletin?

I know there are generic import scripts that will do this for you, but my problem is that my phpBB forum has been quite heavily modded, in particular, with the photo attachment mod for phpBB. I can easily import all the posts, threads and members, but it means I lose over 2 years of photo attachments. If anyone thinks thay can write a hack to the import script that will also import the photo attachments, please let me know their estimate price.
Thanks,

Neil

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sure impex only exports the main sql tables from phpbb to vbulletin.

If I remember correctly, I used impex a couple of years back, and most things were exported, but the attachments were all lost.
The original threads were still there but the attachment links were broken.
Perhaps "steve" at vbulletin could give you some more info, he has always been helpful with any queries I had.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did it a year ago. All was fine...till we found that the subscribers couln´t login....all of them were asked to log as new users...

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've pretty much done this now, but had a similar problem. All my users were banned, but I just had to un-ban them all and it was fine. Also, funily, the attachments worked fine, it was the avatars that were a problem. In the end I just told my users they'd have to upload their avatars again...

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've pretty much done this now, but had a similar problem. All my users were banned, but I just had to un-ban them all and it was fine. Also, funily, the attachments worked fine, it was the avatars that were a problem. In the end I just told my users they'd have to upload their avatars again...

I remember having this problem too, come to think of it. Better being avatars rather then attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom