Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Milliondollarhomepage Page Rank skyrockets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked milliondollarhomepage dot com after the PR update. Looks like it exploded up to a PR 7.

Very impressive given the short time that this Web site has been live.

Domain Days 2024

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PR0 - PR7 in one update - must be the biggest Pagerank jump by a non-corporate-owned site ever. So jealous!

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the owner was on uk morning tv this morning. he says he's got other plans ready for when the home page gets filled up, but i really dont see how he can capitalise any further. once all the pixels are sold and the hype has died down how many people do you think will really be visiting the site every day.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think he will have a short burst when it's full. It will be international news and I think he has another moment to capitalize. Also he can sell other ads on the page. Just that all pixels will be taken. Heck...just making the million should be enough to make any of us very jealous. Lucky guy.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's already capitalising by having a newsletter signup. He apparently has upto 100,000 daily visitors - if just 0.1% sign up for the newsletter he's adding 100 subscribers a day and presumably that will continue at a reduced rate for the whole life of the site. A few months from now (whenever the millionth pixel gets sold) he could be sitting on a mailing list of tens of thousands.

Plus he'll get one massive burst of free publicity for whatever his next idea is just by going back to all the media contacts he's made, and saying "Hi, I'm the guy who made $1 in X months out of nothing - and I've got an even BETTER idea..."

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All very good points.
Others may call him lucky, or a sham, but his timing and execution were and continue to be spot on. Things will slow down eventually. But my bet is that he will meet his goal within the next 3 months.

Edwin said:
He's already capitalising by having a newsletter signup. He apparently has upto 100,000 daily visitors - if just 0.1% sign up for the newsletter he's adding 100 subscribers a day and presumably that will continue at a reduced rate for the whole life of the site. A few months from now (whenever the millionth pixel gets sold) he could be sitting on a mailing list of tens of thousands.

Plus he'll get one massive burst of free publicity for whatever his next idea is just by going back to all the media contacts he's made, and saying "Hi, I'm the guy who made $1 in X months out of nothing - and I've got an even BETTER idea..."

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
linkdomain said:
do you guys think it's worth $100 to get a link from a pr 7 site?
Definitely but of course it'll depend on a few factors, length of time the link will be up; ability of the search engines to capture the link (which is what I'm not sure of when it comes to placing a pixel ad - can anyone explain whether or not a pixel ad is a good way to have your site picked up on the search engines. What can I say, I'm still tryin to learn :emba: ), etc.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the real million-dollar question (forgive the pun): what will the PR be if he hits the $1 million target and the world's media go into a frenzy?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad I got all the good typos of this site! lol

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
martialtiger said:
Definitely but of course it'll depend on a few factors, length of time the link will be up; ability of the search engines to capture the link (which is what I'm not sure of when it comes to placing a pixel ad - can anyone explain whether or not a pixel ad is a good way to have your site picked up on the search engines. What can I say, I'm still tryin to learn :emba: ), etc.
The short answer is no. I placed a 1 pixel link on a PR8 corporate site that I worked on over 4 months ago, and to this day not one single spider has followed the link. That doesn't mean that a perminate link on a highly popular site is a bad thing, if users are visiting and clicking, just that it won't help your search engine placement any...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I make about $3 a day on the Millon variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom