Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Minimum bid $1,999 on most CVCV.com's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, no, no !! ... :upset: It was bad enough when they put the $1,500 minimum bid limit for (almost) all CVCV.com's .. Now I just backordered a few with minimum bid $1,999 .. And they weren't even very good.. I am sure that many names will be left unsold if they don't stop putting crazy minimum bids like these .. :(

I wish they could keep the $60 limit on all names, if they are good they will sky-rocket anyways (like every single name usually does on Snapnames' auctions ) ..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Where did you read this?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where did you read this?

I didn't read it. I realized it when I backordered domains with Snapnames (which I usually do every day). When Snap first was putting these reserves on names, some people thought that it was because the domains already was registered/owned and didn't drop, but was instead sold through snapnames. This is wrong, as these domains are all dropping and Snapnames is just putting a reserve on the best ones based on (too high) market values. At least this is what I have experienced the last weeks/months, correct me if I'm wrong.

Stian you know you can put your cvcv's on snapnames auction too ;)

~MG

Yes, I'm aware that you can sell your domain through Snap, but try for yourself, every CVCV.com domain (found in droplists) automatically gets a reserve of $1,500 or higher. :disappointed:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have yet to witness this. All the snaps I got - although pool worked better for me lately - were at the minimum price of $59, unless there were other bids.

buymynames

small fish
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see this at all... Can you provide more info Stian?

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stian, those domains were most likely put up for sale at SnapNames by the domain owners. I haven't seen any drop auctions priced that high.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stian, those domains were most likely put up for sale at SnapNames by the domain owners. I haven't seen any drop auctions priced that high.

yeah, think that is the case

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had an email from SnapNames asking if I had placed bids on various names "which were very high", I asked them to remove me from the auctions which they did??

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every single CVCV.com I have backordered from Snapnames the last weeks has had a $1,500 minimum start bid. So this means that all these names has not been dropcatched by Snapnames, but are placed on sale by the person(s) that already owns the domain? I find it hard to believe, but you are probably right.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, Snapnames now offers listings. These are NOT dropped domains. They can ask for $5k for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom