Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Missing Dropped Names??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdek

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can tell me what happened to the two names:
realtimequote.com
realtimequotes.com

Both were released on Oct 23rd and both were back ordered with all services. They were not picked up by any service that I know of and yet they did not go to auction.

In addition, if Snap fails to pick up a drop I always get an email stating the back order was unsuccessful, I did not get such an email in this case.

I found this to happen a few times with really good names which makes for an uneasy feeling that someone is getting the names direct without going to auction. Can someone please explain this? Another name that this just happened to was nursecareers.com that was released on Oct 22nd.

No sign of the name after the drop....?????

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had those on the que as well....would be interested to see what happened to them.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed recently Snapnames are not catching most Netsol drops. These domains don't seem to be added to the Namejet lists either. The domains seem to be stuck in pending delete or "hold" status.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I head the greedy basterds are now keeping all the good names for themselves--eversince namejet came out that is.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wonder what ICAAN thinks about this?

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On 9-26-2007 it changed to Pending Renewal Deletion thru 10-22-2007. On 10-23-2007, it went to Privacy, but shows NS Holding. Is NS Holding maybe the 42 Hold period on NameJet?

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is kind of like a knife with blunt edge i.e, most of us are!!
Because registrars or drop catching services are taking away all good dropping names and also new domains for upcoming and new TLD's(they are just using their infrastructure to register all the creme before not even one public person can even try to register one!!)

While I do not question their interest, it is their right I guess but I think it is not fair for them to use the power which we all don't have in the public. I think even registrars and drop catchers should behave like us when it comes to competition, not the unfair advantage most are taking now. I repent.

My words are not acquisitions, I have proof of 2 -3 big registrars keeping the names after they expire without deleting them. I also have proof of some big registrars registering good domains in fake names. May be many of us know that this is happening for a long while now.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tucows keeps all the good ones.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tucows keeps all the good ones.
Yeah that's what I thought because their drop lists are quite mediocre. I find it strange for a large, old established registrars to have so few gems.
Nonetheless they auctioned yp.org a while back, which sold for $10600 I believe. I though they needed some pocket change quick at the time :lol:

spyspy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i made same experience over long time, i was really wondering if my scripts are not working or never worked. I also have many logs about such issues. I think we should start a community against this. Even maybe start making a blog or webpage and keep posting with facts.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody noticed but RealTimeQuotes.com is showing Pending Renewal Deletion AGAIN! I checked whois this morning.

I searched for it on NameJet but could not find it listed?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody noticed but RealTimeQuotes.com is showing Pending Renewal Deletion AGAIN! I checked whois this morning.

I searched for it on NameJet but could not find it listed?

Yeah...the dropped game is no longer a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom