Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Mobile (real) internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good solution?

From what I've seen WAP is pretty useless to me. I'm looking for something that I can accomplish small tasks while on the road. A requirement woud be to bid on auctions via eBay.com for example. If it can't do this, I don't want it.

So... will a high end cell do this? What about a good blackberry?

Anyone with experience in this area?

Thanks a lot. I am tired of being tied down to one area.

Domain Days 2024

Deleted member 66661

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Sony Ericsson P910, which I can use to surf the internet with.
Never been on Ebay with it, I just do some searches on Google with it, check football scores, access my company email etc. Its good, but I've nothing to compare it against.
(I'm in the UK incase it makes a difference)

HTH

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Devil,
My blackberry 7100g would not load ebay, so I cut off the internet and now just use it as a phone.
However your question prompted me to do a search in google and it came up with www.abidia.com
Might get the net back on and give it a try tomorrow

markchivs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Dell PDA which is user friendly. Windows with IE browser and a good size display to browse web pages on. Dell have offers on all the time or ebay have quite a few different PDAs. Lots have bluetooth as well as WiFi so you can surf via your mobile phones internet connection.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
markchivs said:
I have a Dell PDA which is user friendly. Windows with IE browser and a good size display to browse web pages on. Dell have offers on all the time or ebay have quite a few different PDAs. Lots have bluetooth as well as WiFi so you can surf via your mobile phones internet connection.
I'd recommend the Dell PDA too, i have one and it seems to all load all sorts of sites just fines, including WAP sites and regular Internet sites, such as ebay.com. Just make sure there is bluetooth there and you should be set, but i have no experience with bluetooth and phones, i just use the wiFi and it works great.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.
I guess I am dreaming if I think it can be done via the Razr phone alone? :-(
Does anyone's blackberry allow them to bid on ebay, etc. Any $20 cell phone can get google searches via WAP, but I need it for on the go stuff, like eBay auctions on the run or Pool backorders, etc.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pool worked fine on the blackberry, once you get the hang of putting in passwords by copy/paste from the memo pad.
So did many other sites although dnforum wouldn't work at the time
Maybe it does now that the home page has been redesigned.
The ebay home page loaded. It was logging into my ebay that caused the problem
Too many images and too wide I guess
Fairly certain that you need software like www.abidia.com/products/wireless/blackberry
to get ebay to work on a blackberry
Maybe there is some free software out there that will do it.
Why don't you ask Blackberry? They are made in Canada so you should get some pretty good support there.
Where I live there is no comparison between a blackberry and a pda plus phone
The pda plus phone thing would cost a fortune in phone charges if you used it a lot , here.
The blackberry use is charged on kb here not time , so you can spend a long time on it without paying much
You also don't need an ISP like you would with a phone/pda

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom