Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Mod Overkill #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to report your threads that you feel were closed outside the confines of the rules.

When posting, please briefly describe why you feel your thread was overkilled...

I'll start with this one:

http://www.dnforum.com/f5/cherry-pi...pisr-com-jobsinnewyork-net-thread-368960.html

reason closed: too many bumps.

Pardon me, but it seems I followed all rules when 'bumping' the thread - at least 48 hours between posts (unless responding to post), new names, lower prices..

The reason of 'too many bumps' seems false - posts were within forum guidelines/rules.

Or do you agree with the ruling of 'too many bumps' and the decision to close the thread?

Upvote 0

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started a thread several days ago asking if members could have the ability to delete threads...this received quite a lot of response from other members until a moderator decided they did not like the thread and completely deleted it! Not just closed, deleted.

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got an infractions point because of one of my threads advertising a service of mine but I was in the correct forums

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I started a thread in Suggestions & Feeback suggesting that old sales and appraisal threads be deleted... Since I don't see the reasoning for keeping them for 6 years.

Not only was my thread closed, it was pulled from the forum from public view with NO reason given.... I asked DCG for an explanation, almost a weak has passed and no reply.

All I want to know is WHY?.

But my guess is; this post and thread will be deleted as well... Very sad.

I started a thread several days ago asking if members could have the ability to delete threads...this received quite a lot of response from other members until a moderator decided they did not like the thread and completely deleted it! Not just closed, deleted.

Same here

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php

12. Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. You must have a minimum price reduction of 10% to post a price reduction as a bump. Otherwise, edit the original post and do not bump! Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PM'd me". No "PM sent" replies to threads. There are too many bump tactics to list, so please just don't try any of them. Trading bumps is not permitted, you bump for me, I bump for you, etc., so even if there's no harm intended, do not bump others' threads because you think it's a good deal, or the recipient will feel obligated to bump your thread, and you can see where this will lead. As a seller, you can reply to an offer but you must have some new/additional information. Maximum bumps/replies is 3 for the life of of the thread. All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old can be closed by administration at any time.

I count 6 non-reply bumps in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom