Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

mod-rewrite script, or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
been told I need to add this to my server to get a site I have run.
Has anyone used this? Any problems with it? Any idea why it would be needed for a directory?

Domain Days 2024

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is mod-rewrite script that needs to be added to my server? Are you using it? And why would it needed for a simple directory? Seems straightforward sorry.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you just bought IndexU 5. I can't believe they are selling a product that can ONLY run on machines that have mod_rewrite enabled.

Did they even notify you that it was required before you bought the script? If not then do a chargeback and purchase something else. The lack of official support is frightening, most support on the forums is done by members.

Basically what this user is asking for is to have mod_rewrite enabled on his server.

Do you run your own server? If so you would need to ssh/telnet in and add the required lines to your conf files.

Do you have a shared server? Ask the admin if they will enable it for you. If not, find a new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom