Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Modern Domainer (Magazine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went to an ad-tech conference in NYC recently

There, there were free copies of Modern Domainer being handed out..

Talking with the mag staff..

I appreciated their outreach for public awareness, such efforts are catalysts to the exponential rise of values for our industry.. (breaking out of infancy)

Let's have more an open system

-------

Articles are very nice and well written :yes:

Kind Regards,

Yelo

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a "modern domainer", I am an "old fashioned domainer".

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My daughter made an interesting comment when she noticed the magazine on the table yesterday saying what an odd name that was for the magazine because "aren't all domainers modern since domainers have only been around such a short time" (meaning little more than 10-yrs).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My daughter made an interesting comment when she noticed the magazine on the table yesterday saying what an odd name that was for the magazine because "aren't all domainers modern since domainers have only been around such a short time" (meaning little more than 10-yrs).

your daughter made an excellent, initial observation!

however, during our short duration a "culturalism" has taken place within the industry.

you have the "old school" guys/gals who got started in the early-late 90's

then you got the late 90's to early 2000 group.

then you got the newbies...

they keep coming everyday! :)

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The title of this magazine reminds me too much of "Modern Drummer". :)

So will there be a magazine for antiquarian domainers like me? If so, will there be a TV show called "Domains Roadshow"?

Appraiser: "How much do you think your domain is worth, Mr. Smith?"

Mr. Smith: "I have no idea. I've had it for about 12 years."

Appraiser: "Well, based on its excellent condition and overall desirability, I'd say this domain would sell at auction for between $150,000 and $175,000."

Mr. Smith "Holy cow! Goodness gracious!! I'm very glad I brought it in today! Thank you!"

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went to an ad-tech conference in NYC recently

There, there were free copies of Modern Domainer being handed out..

Talking with the mag staff..

I appreciated their outreach for public awareness, such efforts are catalysts to the exponential rise of values for our industry.. (breaking out of infancy)

Let's have more an open system

-------

Articles are very nice and well written :yes:

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Agreed. I find the magazine to be very professional.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Modern Domainer®
Leaving no stone unturned since 2007

domainnamesdaily

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The title of this magazine reminds me too much of "Modern Drummer". :)

So will there be a magazine for antiquarian domainers like me? If so, will there be a TV show called "Domains Roadshow"?

Appraiser: "How much do you think your domain is worth, Mr. Smith?"

Mr. Smith: "I have no idea. I've had it for about 12 years."

Appraiser: "Well, based on its excellent condition and overall desirability, I'd say this domain would sell at auction for between $150,000 and $175,000."

Mr. Smith "Holy cow! Goodness gracious!! I'm very glad I brought it in today! Thank you!"

LOL Barefoot, I almost rolled over.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against MD at all, but I must say it does seem a step backwards to have a newsprint magazine about domaining, surely an online magazine would be keeping in more with the spirit of things. Generally though there are more practical issues involved in having a paper magazine.

In domaining the business is moving so fast that information generally needs to be handled in as near real-time as possible, obviously this is something any monthly magazine has an inherent problem with.

With DNForum already being in existance and going from strength to strength, as well as other domaining forums, a paper magazine has a hard time finding its niche in the market, and allied to this problem for any such magazine is of course the excellent DNJournal.com, every week Ron publishes this and it is up to date with sales, reports, feature articles, etc.. I just wonder what particular niche 'Modern Domainer' is targeted at?

Having said that I do really wish Modern Domainer all the success possible, any effort for greater public awareness has to be applauded, especially one where time, money, and effort has been put into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom