Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Monetization required for Premium site huge membership

Concarnie

Reaction score
Hi,
I did post a brief here looking for a high profile monetization expert.
We have developed a ‘sticky note’ Colaboration website over 3 years with membership emails around 250,000 members.
This site has never had a single affiliate or other ad posted as it is an educational site that members have agreed to pay an annual membership.

The technical person with testimonials of past success would be offered a contractual agreement to complete this work within 90 days and/ possibly a share interest. The site is pinup.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I ever heard of such an individual as a high profile monetization expert. He would have a field day working the domain name industry.

I know a little about the subject though and I know others here do as well. How about we each give you our (not high profile) advice to monetize the site?

I would disregard trying to make money of individual users directly. Its a hard sell. So you can either stick advertisements on the site (most users would be able to cope with an unobtrusive banner ad or a short interstitial) or you could explore introducing "pro packages" for smaller organisations, like schools, to share notes and collaborate on projects. I dont know enough about your product to tell you what a "pro package" should contain, but I am sure you can figure it out.

Concarnie

Reaction score
I am not sure if I ever heard of such an individual as a high profile monetization expert. He would have a field day working the domain name industry.

I know a little about the subject though and I know others here do as well. How about we each give you our (not high profile) advice to monetize the site?

I would disregard trying to make money of individual users directly. Its a hard sell. So you can either stick advertisements on the site (most users would be able to cope with an unobtrusive banner ad or a short interstitial) or you could explore introducing "pro packages" for smaller organisations, like schools, to share notes and collaborate on projects. I dont know enough about your product to tell you what a "pro package" should contain, but I am sure you can figure it out.
Thank you for your quick reply.
Without defining the various occupations of website developers in the degree of understanding monetization, but I have hired both.
The difference we have here with pinup.com is the home page cork board is the workplace for users to file, upload scribe, forward,collaborate etc.
This does not leave any real estate to place affiliate advertising.
We have surveyed from time to time with current members for the purpose of explaining that we will be asking for an annual subscription to secure their private canvasses.
Thank you for your response
Wayne Bond
CEO
Pinup.com pty limited

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I signed up for it and played around a bit on the site, so I will give you my first few impressions. It reminded me of Monday.com and Google Docs. I am not sure how your collab setup works, other than a share URL, which could cause problems if someone had your URL and started messing up your notes, but the site is a good tool for taking notes. I saw you can draw on the pins. That can be nice for school kids. I noticed you have the vanity facebook page URL, but you don't have it linked as such on the site. I also noticed that only like 500 people liked it, so I would want to try to get that number up. I am also wondering why you don't have a mobile app version for cell phones, and I would encourage you to get that added to the site. Maybe a Chrome ext can also be created.

https://pinup.com/S1wHE4RVE that's the one I made, playing with the site.

As for monetization, if a person is a free user, we generally give them less than if they are a paid user, so I think you could give your free users a text ad space above the fold of the canvas that would not be too intrusive that would encourage them to upgrade to remove the ads, or they can keep the ads there and have less space on their work space. And I would expand the social media coverage of the site, and get celeb youtubers to talk about it to get a buzz going. But you can also do Instagram, where a younger audience is at now, and they do video too. I have one friend who has a following of 50K on IG, I personally have a 5400 on YT, but my videos were watched about 7.7 million times in the last 13 or so years.

I never heard of that job title, but I might be able to help guide you if you are looking for someone.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also add that I would want to have a personal bookmarklet on my canvas, like with that Chrome ext I mentioned, if I run across a site that I like, I would want to be able to pib it to a canvas by category, and then I can go back and search and find it at a later date. Maybe give them the ability to import bookmaks from the browser for that purpose, but to also give them the ability to check for dead links that they may want to remove from such a bookmark list. That would kinda be like what my old project was supposed to be about, but I never finished it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators