Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Monetize Australian Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

w11guy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dictionary.hm has about 20,000 uniques per month. Can anyone suggest a good way to monetize this. Maybe selling adverts to Australian companies? But I've no idea where to start.

All help appreciated.

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard Islands is a pretty small market, and I can tell you that the vast majority of Aussies aren't even aware that it exists.

You'd have to do some serious SEO work to get it rank in the non geo-specific version of the major search engines, and it probably wouldn't rank in the .com.au versions either as it's technically in the excise zone and note counted as part of the country.

Sorry to say it, but I think you're best bet is to stick with Adsense

w11guy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard Islands is a pretty small market, and I can tell you that the vast majority of Aussies aren't even aware that it exists.

You'd have to do some serious SEO work to get it rank in the non geo-specific version of the major search engines, and it probably wouldn't rank in the .com.au versions either as it's technically in the excise zone and note counted as part of the country.

Sorry to say it, but I think you're best bet is to stick with Adsense

Just to clarify, I don't want to advertise to Herald Islands but to Australia. I already have 20K unique visitors from Australia, so want to find some Australian companies that would pay to advertise on the site.

The website already ranks #1 in bing.com.au for 'dictionary'. It also ranks well for other key words in the major directories.

So I don't want to do any SEO work, I just want to find companies to advertise.

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, I get you now.

Well, if you don't want the traffic to be shitty, then you're probably going to have to go for something in the academia niche.
Try some universities or something.

Alternatively, just set up a thin lander and put some educational niche affiliate programs there. I can point you in the direction of a few AU educational affiliate offers if you'd like, although straight up, I'll be pointing you to it through my sign up link.

w11guy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You helped, so happy to link via your sign-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom