Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

monetizing European traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain name that is getting about 1,000 hits a month (non US traffic), according to Domain Sponsor.

I think that most visitors are from various parts of Europe and are looking for information about a band (music).

Would a domain like this convert best at Sedo, or somewhere else?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo pays average of .05 cents ( euro) to european traffic.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yet, in my experience, Sedo's CTR is the best for European traffic. At least for me this results in higher payouts. Most of my "European" traffic is coming from Germany though.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
go for sedo pro, the revenue will further increase

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a LOT of european traffic...... have found that Domain Sponsor used to be excellent for this; but not anymore..... I'm still testing the waters around many sponsors for the best place to park them all..... if anyone else is in a similar situation to me I would appreciate any info you could give on the situation.. :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree Domain Sponsor really is no longer a contender in the European Traffic Market.

Any program that uses a google feed should do ok on European traffic.

SEDO or NameDrive.com would be the best option. However unless the band is really famous and people are sponsoring the keywords you would probably be best creating a FanSite and sticking up some Adsense Ads.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When parking with Sedo, is it best to change to their name servers, or do URL forwarding?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
either way they will rip you off.

But if you do URL forwarding you will get a better idea as to how much of your traffic they actually record.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: I tried the domain name at Sedo and I found that it made more money at Domain Sponsor, so I am moving it back.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one is usine Namedrive for european traffic?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want to say how it was in my case. For European traffic domains, I have tested NameDrive for my domains and have to say Sedo is better in that case, at least for the domain names I tested. But DomainSponsor outperformed both. The revenue was 350% more for one of my high traffic domains, even though it is still doing semantic analysis, trying to adjust the keywords using visitor behavior.

What I would mention in addition is that TrafficZ (Overture Feed) performed better than Sedo for European traffic.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
. But DomainSponsor outperformed both. The revenue was 350% more for one of my high traffic domains, .

where is your traffic coming from ( country)?

Sionnach

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have euro names that would probably have TM issues but they get traffic,i have them at domainsponsor but do sedo allow names that could possibly have TM issues?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want to add my opinion. Based on my research, it is not a good idea to try NameDrive for EU traffic, unless you have traffic from the following european countries: Uk, France, Spain. Btw Overture feed works pretty well for EU traffic.

D

Dude_S

I have a few untested .eu domains that are basically German words and phrases around dating. I assume most visitors would come from Germany, Austria, Switzerland. Ads should ideally be in German, but I guess a few English ones are fine too.

What would be a good parking service? I saw Sedo, Namedrive, Domainsponsor mentioned here - any comments for this particular case? Thanks.

D

Dude_S

Somehow the post I made above didn't bump up the thread. I wasn't shown as last poster either. It was my first post here, maybe there's a glitch in the forum software. So: BUMP! And if someone has a comment to my question above, I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom