Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker moniker auctions

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
anyone here use moniker auctions to sell domains?
cuz i want to know if you put domains for consideration will they all be accepted all or they accept some & deny others?
&
must a domain be transferred to moniker?
&
i send them some of my domains & i received a forwarded email of an agreement to sign & fax it,so is every time for every occassion of a live auction i must fax them a signed agreement?
so i need some help from the experts here which already used this service before & i will be thankful of any reply.

Last edited:
Domain Days 2024

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
anyone here use moniker auctions to sell domains?
cuz i want to know if you put domains for consideration will they all be accepted all or they accept some & deny others?
&
must a domain be transferred to moniker?
&
i send them some of my domains & i received a forwarded email of an agreement to sign & fax it,so is every time for every occassion of a live auction i must fax them a signed agreement?
so i need some help from the experts here which already used this service before & i will be thankful of any reply.

There is a non-disclosure of the contents of the agreement in that agreement? If so you have to realize we cannot really discuss details, pitfalls or the like in that contract?

With that in mind it appears you have not carefully read your legal binding contract. Remember you sign and fax things with your name every detail is part of the binding contract.

You are a bit careless in your use of the words "domains for consideration" if you think the "consideration" part does not apply to a contract submitted with domains. Does the whole contract apply to all domains sent for consideration? Please read it so very carefully so that you are not caught by surprise at a much later date. Every detail must be followed exactly.

In the answer to the question of do all domains submitted under the contract actually make any auction? No there is no garuantee and they state that all over so there is no problem stating it. But as always with a contract careful reading of it will show your responsibilities for any domain under it chosen for auction or not and how long you are responsibile for it.

Careful reading of any contract is important and remembering that legal language is not the language you speak - words change their meaning in law. A contract with a non-disclosure of its terms would in effect be begging for a more careful reading of your obligations and I would suggest a lawyer look it over and explain your obligations and length of contract.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a non-disclosure of the contents of the agreement in that agreement? If so you have to realize we cannot really discuss details, pitfalls or the like in that contract?

With that in mind it appears you have not carefully read your legal binding contract. Remember you sign and fax things with your name every detail is part of the binding contract.

You are a bit careless in your use of the words "domains for consideration" if you think the "consideration" part does not apply to a contract submitted with domains. Does the whole contract apply to all domains sent for consideration? Please read it so very carefully so that you are not caught by surprise at a much later date. Every detail must be followed exactly.

In the answer to the question of do all domains submitted under the contract actually make any auction? No there is no garuantee and they state that all over so there is no problem stating it. But as always with a contract careful reading of it will show your responsibilities for any domain under it chosen for auction or not and how long you are responsibile for it.

Careful reading of any contract is important and remembering that legal language is not the language you speak - words change their meaning in law. A contract with a non-disclosure of its terms would in effect be begging for a more careful reading of your obligations and I would suggest a lawyer look it over and explain your obligations and length of contract.

hi,
thanks alot for your advice reply but you didn't answer what i really wanted to know, you answerd only my question about that they can accept or deny the domains for consideration.
so have you used their live auctions service before? cuz i want to know must i transfer the domains to moniker or not?
&
for every occassion for moniker auctions must i sign the same agreement & fax it to them or not?

Last edited:

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Transfers to Moniker.com into your own Moniker.com Registrar account are highly recommended for the names
you are submitting for Live or extended Event based auctions consideration. It is currently NOT mandatory to transfer your names into Moniker for auction consideration. It is likely however, that in the coming weeks it will be required, as is currently for the Snapnames daily Auctions. It is our goal to make the transaction process smoother for the buyer and the seller. Both buyers ands sellers want fast transactions. When the domains are at Moniker we can change ownership and release funds within 7 days -as Snapnames is doing now.

A Exclusive auction agreement is required for names being submitted to any Moniker Event based auction, and in the coming weeks will be an Online agreement and online submissions tool that will replace the current method we are using with the spreadsheets and the Faxed Exclusive agreement. For more details contact your sales executive (every Moniker account is assigned a representative) or email [email protected]

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
John, the long contracts are counter-productive; I already had offers for domains that made it into the TRAFFIC online auction, apparently from speculators that attempted to find the reserve. In my opinion, Moniker should implement short contracts per event and a fast method of approving/disapproving submitted names.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new online agreements will address your concerns and be less restrictive and likely shorter. In addition the entire submission process will be on line and one result will be a faster selection process. We are improving all the processes and integrating further with Snapnames platform, so you will see a lot of nice improvements.

John Mauriello

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new online agreements will address your concerns and be less restrictive and likely shorter. In addition the entire submission process will be on line and one result will be a faster selection process.
We are improving all the processes and integrating further with Snapnames platform, so you will see a lot of nice improvements.

John Mauriello

So John how are the improvements working out :-/ .. Moniker seems to have been getting straightened out lately now snapnames.been down.. can't seem to win ??

jim

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Snapnames issue was not related to the Moniker integration. However the issue at Snapnames has been resolved, and your should see a performance boost on the moniker side
Snapnames Update:
As you are likely aware, the SnapNames service was unavailable between last Thursday evening U.S. Pacific time and today. We are pleased to tell you functionality has now been restored and that important data, including transaction history, has been fully retained.

Please note that auctions scheduled to close between July 4-7 will now close at (time EDT) on Tuesday, July 8. Please monitor any auctions accordingly.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during this time. Should you have furtherquestions, you can reach us here:

Technical Support: [email protected]
Telephone: (800) 385-4075 (toll-free in the U.S.)
+ 1 503 241-8547 (outside the U.S.)

Sincerely,
The SnapNames Team

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm very happy for the new automatic submission system & contract, but i have an important question & i will be specific:
has anyone here his/her domain(s) accepted for the live auction event or the online extended but his/her domain(s) was outside moniker registrar or snapnames or their system? so that he/she will pay the extra fees of $100 if the domain(s) not in his/her Moniker or SnapNames registrar account?
https://www.snapnames.com/domainsales/agreement.action

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm very happy for the new automatic submission system & contract, but i have an important question & i will be specific:
has anyone here his/her domain(s) accepted for the live auction event or the online extended but his/her domain(s) was outside moniker registrar or snapnames or their system? so that he/she will pay the extra fees of $100 if the domain(s) not in his/her Moniker or SnapNames registrar account?
https://www.snapnames.com/domainsales/agreement.action

Why are you "very happy" with the contract? It sucks. And this $100 fee if not registered with them is just another reason.
And don't forget to send them your 60 day written notice of termination of article #1: Moniker shall no longer have exclusive rights to all your submitted domain names.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are you "very happy" with the contract? It sucks. And this $100 fee if not registered with them is just another reason.
And don't forget to send them your 60 day written notice of termination of article #1: Moniker shall no longer have exclusive rights to all your submitted domain names.

thank you for your reply but it didn't answer my specific qestion, & i will not defend them but i wonder why i read in forums that it sucks from some domainers but at the same time i see domains added to their auctions & domains sold with them too!!! or i miss something here, but i learnt something that not all the domainers will be happy from each of their points of views, so that means from my point of view i see the contract ok, others see it not & that depends to many things but again my question is still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom