Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker renews my domains 10 days before!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had 3 domains pushed from another Moniker account a couple days ago, they were set to auto renewal but they were going to expire on January 8 -2009 .

Today I got a credit card charge for the renewal of this 3 domains I did not want to renew.

Tried to contact them but got no reply so far.

Whats up with this people at Moniker? What could I do now?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.moniker.com/help/delete-autorenew-policy.jsp

Very beginning:

At Moniker.com, domain names are registered for fixed periods and are subject to renewal any time during a valid registration prior to the domain registration expiration date. If a customer has selected our highly recommended "Auto-Renew" feature for a domain name registration, we will attempt to automatically renew the domain name registration approximately 14 days prior to the domain name registration expiration date (subject to the terms related to the "Auto-Renew" feature found in our Service Agreement and on our web site).

This is not an uncommon practice with registrars - 1&1 used to do it as far back as 45 days in advance

Personal rule of thumb - if I do not want to renew a domain I make sure auto renewal is off at least a full month before the expiration date (normally two months).

Last edited:

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I didnt set the domains to autorenew, this domains were pushed to my account and MONIKER set them to autorenew.

I was suppost to move the domains out of there right after the push.

Anyways, Im moving out all my domains asap, its true: Moniker sucks.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 3 domains pushed from another Moniker account a couple days ago, they were set to auto renewal but they were going to expire on January 8 -2009 .

Today I got a credit card charge for the renewal of this 3 domains I did not want to renew.

Tried to contact them but got no reply so far.

Whats up with this people at Moniker? What could I do now?

Omosquera - You should always have your names set to auto renew so you don't ever lose them. If you didn't want auto renw set up on your names, there is an option not to have it. A push into another Moniker account does not disable this feature.

Hit me up directly if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks!

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker sucks because you didn't check the domains that were pushed to you? Come on, take some personal responsibility here!!!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that they renew your domains up to 14 days before expiration. This way if there is something wrong with the system it has plenty of time to attempt to renew again.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that they renew your domains up to 14 days before expiration. This way if there is something wrong with the system it has plenty of time to attempt to renew again.

Me too.
Default is to auto renew, using the batch tool it is easy enough to change/remove auto-renew as many as you need to at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom