Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Monte Cahn Files Lawsuit Against Oversee.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why?

Let Monte Cahn and Oversee have a bloody fight. :smilewinkgrin:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This industry is nothing less than screw everybody, each person to themselves, and fvck everyone else.

And domainers want to be a respectable part of mainstream businesses and ventures? Why is this industry littered with lawsuit after lawsuit, fraud, theft, and so on.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Adam. Just read it.

Hmmmmm! Now what were a few people saying about Moniker and Oversee?

This could be more damaging to the Oversee group of companies than Halverez and Chef Patrick combined. I know MC is no angel (hell he is in the domaining business), but he is so widely respected that I would hate to be the ones at Oversee charged with trying to spin this, and of course this time silence will not be an option in court. (I guess they could settle out of court {expected}, but any settlement will now be seen as admiting guilt.)

Moniker dropping in the registrar charts and now this. Sorry though for the few good people still at Moniker, hopefully they will get recognised and picked up by other registrars.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all because of you Doc!!...if you would clean up your act perception of this industry would be glowing.;):lol:

There are probably suits of this kind regularly in different industries. This one hits home because it is in the industry we are involved in and involves 2 fairly big and well known players in the business.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all because of you Doc!!...if you would clean up your act perception of this industry would be glowing.;):lol:

There are probably suits of this kind regularly in different industries. This one hits home because it is in the industry we are involved in and involves 2 fairly big and well known players in the business.
I understand that these matters happen in all industry sectors.

But there is not too much good news coming out regarding deals, partnerships, etc in domaining. This is the least regulated of all multi-billion dollar industries.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This industry is nothing less than screw everybody, each person to themselves, and fvck everyone else.

And domainers want to be a respectable part of mainstream businesses and ventures? Why is this industry littered with lawsuit after lawsuit, fraud, theft, and so on.

You left out cybersquatting and capitalizing on tragedies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oversee have issued a statement now, copied from Domainnamewire.com:

"Predictably, the path Monte Cahn has chosen is needlessly confrontational and provocative. Regrettably, his perceived dispute with Oversee is a result of his own falling short of expectations. This action will do nothing to further his cause and will only result in the needless expense of time and attorneys fees. It is unfortunate that Monte’s actions will impact employees and clients of Moniker, the company he helped found.

Monte’s unfounded claims are well overstated and singularly without merit. We will vigorously defend this action and we look forward to resolving this in court at the earliest possible opportunity."

Somehow I do not think many will put too much credance in the above, it just reads like a normal scripted denial response.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, gee...what a surprise. Monte's side of the story conflicts with Oversee.

Who could have predicted such a thing?

I am sure Sollog could have (and did) but he's not here to tell us.

How unfortunate.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, Sollog has appeared on Ricksblog! I don't think he likes me very much on there either! I don't know why? :eek:

Well Rick Schwartz has put up a thread on his blog saying that he is working on a post to be published next week, it could be interesting.

I wonder how long before Oversee settles out of court?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see he brokered Restaurants.com.
Any idea what it sold for? The previous owner was a character from Singapore, and I sold him some of my drek

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no opinion on the lawsuit itself.. however I will say this:

Monte is one of the best people I have ever met in business.

:)
I recall having to call Moniker one morning for some assistance on something. Monte is the one who answered the phone and assisted me. Ain't that a hoot!

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup...there are many of us that can attest to that....when you look up "hands on" in the dictionary you should see a pic of Monte.;)

I recall having to call Moniker one morning for some assistance on something. Monte is the one who answered the phone and assisted me. Ain't that a hoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom