Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

monthly search and CPC (cost per click)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteboy48

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'D like to know if it's possible to determinate the value of a domain name by the monthly search and the CPC (cost per clik).
Ex: I own a .com domain. The monthly search on google keyword tool is : 18,100. The cost by click: $20.11.
If I want to rent the domain, can I use these information to determinate the price? If yes, what should I do?
You guys, do you rent domain and how do you determinate the monthly price?

Regards,

Peteboys48

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When checking monthly search volume are you looking at broad/exact match? It makes a big difference and I think you are looking at the wrong metric.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'D like to know if it's possible to determinate the value of a domain name by the monthly search and the CPC (cost per clik).
Ex: I own a .com domain. The monthly search on google keyword tool is : 18,100. The cost by click: $20.11.
If I want to rent the domain, can I use these information to determinate the price? If yes, what should I do?
You guys, do you rent domain and how do you determinate the monthly price?

Regards,

Peteboys48

short answer is no. :)

long answer is, you can stick a price on any name based on any stats or specs which you can relate to it

however, if the "potential to whom" this data is presented, finds no interest in it....then how do you convey value?

or if they ask you to elaborate how the "numbers" equate to value for that domain or any other domain, what will be your response?

now you "can" use those numbers to decide what domain names would be valuable for you to own as a developer.
where any experience gained from that, would give you knowledge of "performance" for those acquisitions.

but that too would depend on your coding/seo skills, the domain topic/keywords, competition, etc.

you can also use those numbers to buy and park, then any stats generated would reflect value in terms of dollars earned, X's a multiple and or plus potential as a developed website.

additionally, there is a market for domains that have significant gkw numbers, but it's mostly a domainer market.

as for renting/leasing domains, i see that as more of an "option", that's listed or provided for a potential buyer when their "budget" prevents a BIN deal .

eg: buy it now price is $8K or rent/lease to own for $$$ per month for X number of months, or "open end month to month" deal.

that's basically how you determine monthly price, (BIN price / # of months) = monthly fee

i'm leasing out a domain now, expecting 14th payment this month on a 36 mth (lease to own) deal.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom