Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

More clicks than visitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 9 visitors today at one domain and got 14 clicks for a total of $5.41.

Is this an error or can visitors click more than once?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say hello and thank you to parked.com - one of the few that actually pay you for multiple clicks.

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I decided to invest in around 25 domains that I thought would be decent earners.

Out of all of those, only this one domain has had any clicks at all. I'm getting about 44 cents per click for that particular domain name.

Hopefully I can choose some better ones in the future that perform similar to this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
However, don't get too excited: until stats are finalized 24-48 hours later, all such multi-clicks are examined by Yahoo's TQ system, to ensure your visitors are well-off, white-collar Anglo-Saxons with the intention to purchase whatever service they clicked on. Oh, and there are some malicious clickbots that can raise the clicks and your blood pressure too.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a name that did 4 visits, 56 clicks. They took them away after the finalization, but for some reason ended up giving them back.

Must have been a surfer with tourettes.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL that's too funny :D

Imagine a "Rainman" type domainer clicking on mesothelioma ads. Instant riches!

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just a little confused though as to how all this works.

I mean, I've been on parked for 4 days now.

The first day, this same domain had one click. When it first showed up, it was .22. The next day, I was like WTF? It said .42 and I thought I was crazy.

Then, 2 days went from that domain making no clicks at all.

Then today I get 14 clicks? Is the domain parking thing typically like this? Or was this just a fluke?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At parked you have to wait for the days with an * to update to get the final numbers. As of late for some people there have been wild swings between the estimates and the final numbers. You can if you wish turn off the estimates - but then, what fun would that be!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com is one of the very few that pay for a visitor visiting more than one advert on your parked page (most of the rest just pocket this money and tell you they never get paid for it - huh).

Yahoo looks at the visitors and decides if the traffic is 'good' in their eyes and how much they can charge the adertiser for the click/s. They then inform Parked.com normally within 24 hours what they are going to pay for the clicks and what clicks will be discounted as of no value. In the meantime Parked records your visitors and clicks and depending on the average paid on such clicks in the previous few days gives an estimate of the value of the clicks. These estimated figures are indicated by the date having an * by them. When Yahoo has informed Parked what clicks will be accepted and at what rate then Parked updates the figures on your dashboard and removes the *, these are the finalised figures for the day.

Sometimes the final result are up sometimes down on the estimated figures previously given. This can be annoying but so too can be the fact that if you parked your domain at a company who did not pay for multiple clicks you would be well out of pocket. Overall Parked is the best parking provider in the market. Of course the fact that Donny comes on here so regularly and answers questions is another major boost, which other company does that?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does the odd surfer really sometimes click multiple ads on a parked page? Seems that way, because it happens. I wouldn't think many people know about the 'right click - open in new window' feature.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does the odd surfer really sometimes click multiple ads on a parked page? Seems that way, because it happens. I wouldn't think many people know about the 'right click - open in new window' feature.

I do believe that when you click on ads anyway, the site opens up in another window.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that most of the time when this happens with a large disparity the clicks get taken away...It happens on my account just about everyday and is a little frustrating because my final numbers are always dropping by about half of what the estimates are.

It is a very rare day that the final numbers are more than the estimated numbers (for me).

In your case... the difference is not that great...my bet is you get most of the estimated payout minus a dollar or two.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

You can also set your browser to open all new links in a new window or tab.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Today, I believe Parked has elliminated posting your TQ score.
So, you don't have to be distracted by that anymore.

It's irrelevant. The TQ scoring system is still used by Yahoo so it's a method of making lesser payments.

Yahoo is in dire straits financially.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's irrelevant. The TQ scoring system is still used by Yahoo so it's a method of making lesser payments.

Yahoo is in dire straits financially.

yahoo in dire straights? hahahahahaha Acro...you know I love you man but you have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about...they are just fine and they have ALOT of cash flow..I have researched this subject in depth so take my word for it they are doing just fine....

I do believe that when you click on ads anyway, the site opens up in another window.

someone has clicked *accidently* on his own ads I see lmao

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
yahoo in dire straights? hahahahahaha Acro...you know I love you man but you have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about...they are just fine and they have ALOT of cash flow..I have researched this subject in depth so take my word for it they are doing just fine.

OK since you have inside information, share it with us. Because all of the following statements show me otherwise:

1. Stock value at 50% of a year ago
  2. Jerry Yang has not managed to turn the company around since he became CEO
  3. Q4 results were disappointing - hence the #1
  4. Up to 10% of Yahoo's workforce will be terminated in February.
  5. Indications that Microsoft is again approaching Yahoo for a takeover.
That, combined with continuously dwindling PPC for Yahoo feeds show that Yahoo's linear approach to the advertising market does not produce results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom